Kid reviews for Stormbreaker: Alex Rider Adventures, Book 1

British teen spy saves England in exciting thriller.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTechnicallyPicky November 23, 2015

Operation Review

Okay, this is for 12+ in my opinion. Yes, the first book was for younger children, maybe 10+, but later on in the series the books are more iffy in certain parts. Yes, it is similar to James Bond, but it is more toned down. The first book is fairly non-violent, but in later books the violence is amped, there are some bad words ( last book uses f*ck, it IS cencored, not all the way, however).Younger kids could read it, but to understand the technological parts, because there is science young kids couldn't understand, I
say 12+. I don't want to give spoilers so this a a vague review, but the books: Scorpia, and Scorpia Rising deal with Alex being an assassin, trying to assassinate, and include very violent and somewhat disturbing deaths( for smaller kids).

Kid, 9 years old December 18, 2020

Brilliant fast-paced books for 11+

Alex Rider is really violent. I won’t give anything away but this is not suitable for young kids. It is sad. People are murdered in too many ways to mention. Words such as fu*k, sh*t, cr*p, hell and b*tch and other things are in the books. It is still good though, but this is definitely for age 11 up.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBearTheLupo December 28, 2020

Book one compared to the whole series.

Well to start, I only say this is a read for kids age 9 because the first book is completely fine, but the rest of the books have lots of curse words, get quite graphic and -for lack of better words- kinda yucky at some parts. I loved the entire series but most of the books other than the first two are most definitely not for kids younger than age 12 or 13.

Kid, 10 years old June 26, 2020

Operation Stormbreaker Review!!

I was only 8 when I started reading this but it was recommended to me by a teacher so I guess they thought it was suitable for me. Because I was young then, I would occasionally have to go to my parent's room at parts such as when a woman was stung to death by a jellyfish. With a parent or another adult, they should start reading this at 9-10 years old.
Kid, 12 years old May 29, 2016

For kids the age 11 and up, who like action films like James Bond!

Alex Rider is basically a young James Bond. He serves his Country and he works for Mi6! I have read the whole series and I think they are amazing. Alex Rider is a normal school boy until his uncle dies! Mi6 communicate with him and he is sent to his first mission! There are lots of deaths in the whole series but they can be exciting! Anthony Horowitz is a very good author and once you read one of the books, you are hooked and you will want to read the other ones!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEth4nHunt July 5, 2021

AMAZING book!!!

This is a great book that captures the mind of the reader through it's epic storylines and thrilling action. I 10/10 recommend this book to anyone 12 and up.

Kid, 11 years old April 7, 2021

Great book for older audiences.

Amazing plot and story! A fair bit of language and lots of violence. Shows that anyone can be amazing and do anything.

Teen, 17 years old Written byLOTRmemes97 March 12, 2021

Vibe Check

This is lame LMAO

Kid, 9 years old January 30, 2021

Best book I,ve ever read. Amazing and action packed.

I highly reccomend that this book to a child nine years old and above. Thrilling in all different ways and is bound to make the hairs on your head stand up. I have read all the alex riders and they are all brilliant. I personally thought that these books would be just perfect for your child as they use lots of excitement. My favourite alex rider was snakehead (7) because it was so amazing. At one point I even forgot to breath because it was so brilliant. This book was also amazing.

Kid, 10 years old January 19, 2021

it ok but

in the first book it not that bad but in the secoud great but its cuse and it says blood and. more but it really funny

Kid, 11 years old June 16, 2020

A Fantastic book

I would recommend this book, and in fact anything written by Anthony Horowitz, to any person who is seeking a little adventure or excitement in their lives, I would also highly recommend it to both boys and girls of any age.

Kid, 10 years old April 25, 2020

Not that bad

The only reason I put it at 9 and up is because it is a very long read, but overall it inspired me to want to become a U.S marine, This book series helped boost my vocabulary skills but watch out it gets sad sometimes

Teen, 13 years old Written byJiminyBillyBob2 April 13, 2020

The best

good book good for 8-12

Teen, 13 years old Written byJoseph Philips December 9, 2019

Action Packed and Super Fun Series!

I am a 13 year old, and I am rereading this whole series, and I think that every page counts. This series is one of my favorites that I have ever read, and I am a big reader. But before you read it, yes, there are some parts younger readers may find unsuitable, People are killed in cold blood, adults smoke and deal drugs, and words such as “hell” and “crap” are used. The main character also encounters adult clubs, selling humans, and inappropriate magazines while in pursuits of the enemies. He is injured and in near death experiences several times, and is also shot at by terrorists and nearly hit. He thinks about how this is how he will die, and death is mentioned often. If you are a parent who would like to see if this is good for your kid, talk to them about the threats of war and terrorism first. Otherwise, great book, Alex respects his guardians and is a very smart boy, and I would recommend it to anyone who is a fan of espionage and the military, and who would like to read James Bond or Jack Ryan, but is too young.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTwigWind May 30, 2019

Read the first 5 books in 3 days

I would consider myself a fairly fast reader, and I can concentrate on a specific this for quite a while. But this book was amazing, not only the first book but all the rest. Although it goes slow in some points what books don't? if you are around the age of 13, i would recommend this book for you. Alex has been a role model for me since 6th grade and I believe he can be a role model for you too. please read this book series.

Kid, 10 years old May 29, 2019

Great series.

Like these books. Stormbreaker was alright but slightly dull compared to the rest of the series. I've read up to Crocodile Tears and the action and happenings are thrilling, but at intervals in the story it gets boring. There can be three whole chapters in a row practically describing the surrounding. Great, thrilling, action packed, but slightly tedious and times. Just a warning, however - very violent!!!

Kid, 12 years old April 15, 2019

A lot of violence and some cursing.

There is a lot of violence and the entire series is very violent. There was some cursing in the book (d**n and h**l).

Kid, 9 years old June 12, 2018

good for ages 7-12

Great if you like action without much romance . If you are not expecting guns and karate fighting do not read this book. But it is not extremely violent and when it has violence there is not a lot of blood.
Kid, 11 years old August 24, 2017

Enjoyable series!

This book was great! Honestly great!! Yes, there was a lot of violence, but if you want to read this book (as many would deem it quite long) then you are probably already mature enough to deal with it! Some semi-sexual references in fourth book, the occasional kiss, gets rather violent in one of the books where the protagonists have to escape a sort of hamster run full of death traps, knowing that they'll have to cheat to get out as there is no official exit. But the first book, this book, is mild. Oh, there is a part where a character is threatened by a character who says that she will get rid of his 'nanny's' visa if he doesn't comply with her demands. This is probably one of the worst parts of the book. But it's good!
Teen, 16 years old Written byUsername2445 January 11, 2017

THE BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!

I love this book. It is an amazing action book that I think is one of the best books ever.