All teen and kid member reviews for Stormbreaker: Alex Rider Adventures, Book 1

Teen, 14 years old Written byTechnicallyPicky November 23, 2015

Operation Review

Okay, this is for 12+ in my opinion. Yes, the first book was for younger children, maybe 10+, but later on in the series the books are more iffy in certain parts. Yes, it is similar to James Bond, but it is more toned down. The first book is fairly non-violent, but in later books the violence is amped, there are some bad words ( last book uses f*ck, it IS cencored, not all the way, however).Younger kids could read it, but to understand the technological parts, because there is science young kids couldn't understand, I say 12+. I don't want to give spoilers so this a a vague review, but the books: Scorpia, and Scorpia Rising deal with Alex being an assassin, trying to assassinate, and include very violent and somewhat disturbing deaths( for smaller kids).
Kid, 9 years old September 6, 2015

Great book

A 14 year old version of James Bond finds out his uncle has died in a car crash, or has he? This is what Alex must find out. This is one of the many cliffhangers that kept me reading . My favourite part was when the angry Portuguese Man-o-War jellyfish tried to strike Alex like a lightning bolt. This is the first book out of ten and I'm going to read them all!
Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2015

Cool

I love this book and read it when I was 8. I hate it when people write a review and haven't read the book. The first book was fine no blood nothin really but the others kinda do. And people who say you need to be 14 and older are wrong. You need some experience with reading!
Kid, 12 years old May 29, 2016

For kids the age 11 and up, who like action films like James Bond!

Alex Rider is basically a young James Bond. He serves his Country and he works for Mi6! I have read the whole series and I think they are amazing. Alex Rider is a normal school boy until his uncle dies! Mi6 communicate with him and he is sent to his first mission! There are lots of deaths in the whole series but they can be exciting! Anthony Horowitz is a very good author and once you read one of the books, you are hooked and you will want to read the other ones!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycasey davis August 31, 2011

STORMBREAKER

i think alex is going to find out what happen to his uncle im only on chapter 11 right know
Kid, 12 years old May 16, 2011

good, but the series is a bit repetitive.

The series is a bit repetitive for my liking, and it's a cliche when it comes to this kind of writing, but good. i wish that this series was told from first person tho. Just to make it so that readers find a connection in the writing. Also at the beginning, i didnt really like it because his uncle dies. but on the other hand that's better than those other books where you get attached to the character and then, boom, just like that, they're dead. The plot in general and the kid-spy mood is good, too. the gory description is good too, altho i'd say that it limits the writer's possible audience. but really, if you want a series where the plot is different in each book, try something like percy jackson and the olympians. also some of the details might not appeal to little kids, and they might not understand what anthony horowitz is saying.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBioshock halo C... March 10, 2011

perfect for all ages

This book is jam packed full of action and exitement, is compltely age apropriate for nearly any age, and has just the right amount of anything
Kid, 12 years old May 12, 2011

Lots of action, not that much thinking involved

I loved the first book - it was so EXCITING! However, as I progressed through the series, I found that the plot line is continuously repeated: bad guy plotting to cause international crisis, Alex gets forced into it (usually being told that his mission is harmless and nothing will go wrong), Alex gets captured, bad guy tells him the plan, Alex stops it. Great for entertainment, but if you want something lasting, find another book.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygreensparkling13 July 29, 2014

14 year old James Bond

This is a very good book for boys who like action and crazy adventures! Despite action including explosions, etc... The descriptive language was very limited.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjavierewe June 4, 2014

Nice book

really exciting.
Teen, 15 years old Written byArpy November 23, 2012

Alex Rider series

Stormbreaker is a thrilling adventure that takes the reader for a roller-coaster ride. The plot, however unbelievable, is cohesive and clear. It is not a book of exceptional literary merit or any actual philosophical message, but it is well written for what it is. I have read three of the series, so far, and Stormbreaker is the best. Point Blank (Blanc) was very intense, and Skeleton Key, although the plot and characters were better, had some really annoying CIA agents who simply advertised Horowitz's ignorance. (Americans will be insulted at his opinion of Yankee humour, and I believe everyone should shower letters into his mailbox complaining in no meek terms that American kids say jam.)
Teen, 14 years old Written byarieth February 7, 2012

Amazing.

Excellent book, I love that there is never a chapter that is just plain. There is always action, in every chapter Alex is either fighting or running away from a mad man. I read all of the books at least twice and they are amazing!
Kid, 11 years old September 16, 2014

Love it

Personally, I LOVE this book. Kind of a young James Bond type. Great read a little violence.
Kid, 9 years old May 3, 2014

Super Well-Written and Addicting Book!

This book is amazing! Anthony Horowitz has done so well with the action and suspense. I would say this book is OK for mature 8 and 9 year-olds. The main concern here is some shooting.
Kid, 8 years old November 15, 2013

Great Book.

There is the H word and the D word about a couple times. One of the best books I have ever read.
Kid, 10 years old August 6, 2012

STORMBREAKER

This book is rather violent. e.g. murder, fighting... Sometimes it's quite hard to understand, you need to read a few times before forming the image in your mind. But it is still a nice book to read. you will be engrossed when you come to the middle part of the book, not wanting to take your eyes off it. I think you would enjoy this book very much. Stormbreaker is an adventurous, mysterious, and violent kind of book. Perhaps it may be only suitable for kids ages 11 and up. If not they may not appreciate the book, or its meaning.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAli boo boo September 21, 2011

Alex Rider: a book to consider.

I think that this book is one of the best books written in 2000. I would recomend this book to any one. Sometimes (if you read the other book) when you read the other books you find that they start to get a bit samey. But if you want to try an Alex Rider book...this is the one to try.
Kid, 11 years old July 28, 2011

Alex Rider=Tons of awesomeness

This is a marvelous book. Horowitz outdid himself in this thriller. I'm a slow reader, but I finished this one in three days. It's addicting, but not World of Warcraft addicting. It make a guy who HATES reading in the library every week for the next book. It does involve murder, killing, etc. as well as cursing. So if you have/are the kid who generally repeats new "vocabulary words" they learned that day, this is not the book for you. Otherwise, enjoy the ride.
Teen, 16 years old Written byFanaticBookReader May 10, 2011

Fanatic Readers!

I love the book, its action packed and keeps you on your seat.
Kid, 12 years old April 6, 2011
Great book, just a bit violent. I was actually surprised how violent it was, but it turns out it wasn't the worst in the series. This book is the most mild in the whole series, nothing bad about really. If it was a videogame, it would be a different story, but it's a nice book.