Parent reviews for The Adoration of Jenna Fox: The Jenna Fox Chronicles, Book 1

Amnesia's just the half of it for post-coma teen.

Adult Written bymj15 July 11, 2019

Best Teen scifi

I've always been a scifi nerd and loved everything about it. But Jenna Fox connected with me. It was raw,interesting,thought provoking, and a very entertaining can't put it down kinda book. Their is swearing, making out, and talk about drugs and violence. However it's nothing a high school or older student can't handle and it's worth reading.

Adult Written byNathalie G. December 19, 2017

Sci-fi with Female Protagonist? I'm in!

This book will really keep kids on their toes and wondering about what is actually happening to Jenna and her family. Wonderful book for discussion about sacrifices and about the potential risks of "miracle" technologies. As a middle school English teacher, I recommend this book all the time to my students who enjoy mysteries or drama.

While this book may not have a lot of explicit positive messages, the message does revolve around the weight of decisions and their consequences, which is definitely a salient topic for teens and families alike. As far as Jenna being a positive role model....well, she's a representation of a teenager in a high-stress situation, so take her actions with a grain of salt.

Adult Written byValerie P. July 31, 2017

Adults also could enjoy this book!

I'm 26 years old and decided to get a library card to start reading to keep my juices flowing again. This book was displayed at my library as a staff favorite. I picked it up and read the description and it sounded very interesting! I had no idea this book was supposedly for teens. Jenna and her friends are around the 18 year old range, so I'd say this is a good read for 13-30 year olds. I loved this book very much -- it's always been hard for me to read entire books. It was always boring to me and I could never follow along. This book was one of those reads where you just can't put it down. I really believe this book could be turned into a movie! I am definitely goinfg to read other books from Mrs. Pearson.

Some good messages this book could offer middle and high schoolers is to be yourself, don't make decisions that will hurt others just to benefit you, the stresses of trying to be perfect, and to use caution while driving and the risks of sneaking out to a party., especially to one where you don't know anyone there. This book also quotes pieces from Thoreau's Walden, which is someone you typically learn about in high school literature.

Adult Written bySen C. May 27, 2015

Great book

Really good book on how sometimes you just have to let go.

Adult Written byjefo August 6, 2011

Brilliant book-but is it really written for teens?

In my opinion The adoration of Jenna Fox is a brilliant book.
It is written in such a gripping way that it is difficult to stop reading it.
I have to say that i read this book twice and second time gives me so much more than the first time.
Only then you can understand the complex topic ( or you can start to understand it) and the perfectly arranged characters. You see each character stands for one certain type of a human. Apart from thiy the reader starts to identify with Jenna.You can also imagine how complicated and difficult this age really is(problems, first love..).
There's not so much about love etc in the book. Although Jenna falls in love with an other boy and there are also some kisses , love isn't a important topic in this book.
To put it in a nutshell, you can say that it is a really good book but there are a few points i don't really understand and so i hope you can help me with this :)
So do you really think that this is a Book for such young ones? ( 10,11,12,13) in fact the topics in AJF are quite difficult to understand ( as i said before) , especially Bioethics...
And why do you think it is a Young adult Book in any way?? With this topic it could also be an adult book..

Adult Written bycheerleader0606 May 12, 2010

perfect for anyone over the age of 11

I loved it! I had to read it for my ninth grade english class and I couldn't put it down!!! Jenna Fox comes to life in this amazing story!

Adult Written by94pmr April 13, 2010
I think it gets students thinking about life and the value of it. It shows how parents will do anything to keep a child alive. It is well written and holds ones attention. Good characters.
Parent of a 11 and 13-year-old Written byLitlady11 August 29, 2009
Parent of a 10, 12, 13, and 15-year-old Written byMelissaB August 18, 2009

A little sci fi, girl main character, but not a "girl"

Had some mild language that was unecessary and a character that was a bad guy/nemesis, but you never find out why.