Kid reviews for The Adoration of Jenna Fox: The Jenna Fox Chronicles, Book 1

Amnesia's just the half of it for post-coma teen.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAlinaW. July 24, 2010

Amazing sci-fi book deals with mature stuff in an amazing way!

The Adoration of Jenna Fox was probably one of the best books I've ever read. The book is basically about a teen girl named Jenna Fox recovering from an accident that made her lose her previous memories as well as the accident. She lives with her nervous, wants-a-perfect-child mother and her cold, mean grandmother Lily. Eventually, after watching home movies of her life and remembering certain memories, she puts together the details of her accident as well as her previous life with her best friends Loche and Kara. One of the things I found really intresting in this book is that it's set in a future time period where things like a massive earthquake rip across California and kill millions of people, the over-use of antibiotics start a pandemic which kills a 1/4 of the world population, and science has advanced far beyond cloning. This book was great because it really made me think about what is ethical, and how much of a human are you with only 10%, the butterfly of the brain. It also brought up different issues, like the dynamics of a family after a tragedy occurs, and how letting go can sometimes be the best thing. Another very intresting thing in this book was the afterword, when the author answered some questions about the book, and revealed that her idea for The Adoration of Jenna Fox came when her daughter was diognosed with cancer, and then a few years later, her younger daughter was diognosed with the same type. This is part of the reason I think the feelings are so real and rough and pure. This was an amazing book I would recommend to teens who aren't usually big sci-fi fans as well as teens with a love of science or The Hunger Games books. Fabulous!

Teen, 14 years old Written byjmaaac June 15, 2010

waste of time

i don't mean to be rude but i think that this book is the most pointless book. if someone is only 10% human you will be dead, just because its the future doesn't mean that your going to be alive. sorry but its not going to happen
ohh also don't bother reading it, its a waist of time
Teen, 14 years old Written byshanno15 May 22, 2010

confusing but okay

This book can be really confusing at times, and you may have to reread it a few times to get the whole story

Teen, 14 years old Written byalclement May 7, 2021

Im sorry if you have to read this book for school

SO my teacher made me read this book for lit. class. It's so boring and the ambiance of the book tastes like cloudy Mondays with stale cereal. WHY. Take my opinion with a grain of salt because I've only read two/thirds of the book. The thing is though the plot has done absolutely nothing so far and I'm this far in. There's no good exposition, it just kind of sits there like a dead fish. Jenna's personality is as bland as that stale cereal. WHY.

Teen, 16 years old Written byxXKarenXx May 2, 2019

I have questions...

why is her name jenna... why is it not that far in the future but still futuristic... the pacing broke my immersion and the kissing and drinking made me uncomfortable. The drowning made me feel kind of funny (in the audiobook), but my mom said not to pay attention to that.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBookReviewExpert August 18, 2017

Review

This book is something that I believe teens would like if you are into mysterious novels. This book had WAY too much inappropriate language. There is kissing many times. I like this book is not something you should read. I was very surprised when I started hearing the language, ,kissing, and drinking. But if this is the type you like then go for it.

Teen, 16 years old Written byA.V May 3, 2016

The only book that I will ever read over and over again

Teen, 14 years old Written byrakshithav0525 July 15, 2015

Must Read!!

The book is really good and I'm grateful for my school to add this book as a summer reading. This book would tell someone how a life is valuable and what a parent would do to save their child. For anyone who don't want to read this book, please don't judge a book by it's cover. It's really interesting from the first page and makes you want to flip through pages to know what's going to happen next.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLady JJB October 12, 2011

Good book

I like the book.You have to read every part or you never know whats happening in the book. I also think you have to at a age where you can understand whats happening in this book

Teen, 13 years old Written byKayte wynn July 25, 2011

Great book for some, not all.

I think it's a great book, I had a hard time with it at the beggining. I didn't get it at first, but it turns out to be a really great book. It takes place in the future, so there are some odd (curious :) ) twists that make it interesting. I don't think that everybody would like this book. Some might think that it has too much technology that makes it hard to understand, and there are a few 'damns' and 'hells', but other than that the only other thing would be kissing, and there isn't enough to spark any unclean thoughts. Great read!

Teen, 14 years old Written byKatStarr96 July 2, 2011

pretty good read for teens

this is a good sci-fi quick read, i rated it on for age 13 because younger kids may not understand it and the main character is a high-schooler

Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2011
I absolutly love this book acually I started writing my own story with twist and turns on my own adoration of jenna fox just the write combo of mystery action and every thing else
Kid, 10 years old April 6, 2011

Teen book

I read some of this book but I stopped cuz it got boring and confusing I would not recommend for my age
Kid, 11 years old March 14, 2011

11+

I like it. I'm currently reading it and I only have 40 pages left. It's a pretty good book for anyone who likes sci fi

Kid, 12 years old March 2, 2011
Teen, 15 years old Written bysjl7 August 5, 2010

Being illegal

This book wasn't my favorite, but it was worth reading. I enjoyed it. It was quite different. Not completely realistic, but still fun to read. Jenna truly does as well as she can with not being able to remember a whole lot. Also, being illegal might be difficult.

Teen, 13 years old Written byspacechick22 August 1, 2010

Great Sci-Fi!

I enjoyed this book from beginning to end! I Didn't want to put it down. Great for anyone over 12.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGirlwiththeBraids February 12, 2010

Wacky and unforgettable!

Many years into the future, biotechnology is illegal and if it stays that way, Jenna won’t know what to do. One day Jenna Fox wakes up and doesn’t know who she is. Someone says she is her mother, someone says he is her father. All Jenna has to look at is old home movies. Slowly, Jenna starts to figure out about her past and knows that she can’t get it back; she can’t fix her mistakes. She wants to begin anew and be a different Jenna but … she can’t. Is someone holding her back? The voices in her head say Hurry. Hurry, Jenna. Why does she have to hurry?

The Adoration of Jenna Fox was … different. It was very emotional and I almost cried at times, but it was odd. The ideas that are brought up in the book are totally unique and everything connects with one another: the settings, the characters, and the emotions are all part of the story. Author Mary E. Pearson transported me to a different century entirely, one that doesn’t even exist yet. Many feelings are repeated within the book, which I think was definitely needed to get the point across. All together, this book was unique, interesting, odd, and wacky but I still don’t know if I like it. One thing is for sure, though. You won’t forget it.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygroovyrrr August 12, 2009
I HAVENT FINISHED READING YET, BUT WHEN U FIRST START READING THE BOOK ITS HARD TO PUT IT DOWN, BUT AS YOU START GETTING TO THE END OF IT (where i am now) STARTS GETTING DIFFICULT TO KEEP READING. OTHER THAN THAT ITS A GOOD BOOK
Teen, 13 years old Written byKay9 June 30, 2009
sorry just need to save it somehow