Kid reviews for The Adventures of Captain Underpants: Captain Underpants, Book 1

Gross potty humor, funny pranks will hook reluctant readers.

Kid, 9 years old August 31, 2009

QOWHFJDHGLFDHLJLK LOL

I STILL LOVE THIS BOOK LOL ON AGES 5 AND UP
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

Tra-la-laaaa!

Captain Underpants is very funny and is made so you can laugh and fall on the floor laughing! There is some nude where Principal Krupp changes into Capitain Underpants and very crazy parts too!
Kid, 8 years old July 26, 2010

Somewhat gross

it is a good book but gross,like where do you get the ideas of a 3-d hypno ring that turns your grumpy princable to a super hero that saves the world and battles dr. diaper. And that is also violence. and there is bad messages played by the role models which make them bad. Like them changing the ad that was on the board to something gross. But most small kids will think is pretty funny even i think it is kinda funny. but it is a good book for 6+.

Kid, 10 years old June 9, 2017

Awesome, probably the worst of the series, but is still great.

So this book is the first of the series. It's really good, but there's one problem. THE DRAWINGS SUCK COMPARED TO THE LATER VERSIONS. I mean seriously? Dot eyes and rectangle body's? I'm not judging you Dav Pilkey, but I sure am glad you changed to line eyes. Maybe I'm just trying to feel better about myself and my sucky drawings. Again, sorry. This book is super funny but there is one inappropriate part where Captain Underpants shoots underwear at Doctor Diaper and the kids ask him where he got the extra pair of underwear and he says what extra underwear? That shows that he is naked, but he is wearing a barrel so you can't see his genitalia. Bye! ✌️✌️

Teen, 13 years old Written byg.c.m. June 24, 2015

I loved these books!

I loved the Captain Underpants Series!!! I read them each several times while I was 8 or 9 years old! They were laugh out loud funny and will hold the attention of any young reader!

Educational Value
Teen, 16 years old Written byhamstergurl09 November 28, 2010

I Own Every Book In The Series, and Am Not Ashamed to Say So.

When I was in second and third grade, I was a huge fan of Captain Underpants. Most kids around that age group go through a Captain Underpants phase. Obviously with a name like "Captain Underpants," toilet humor is to be expected. But see, it's not JUST toilet humor. There are plenty of other types of jokes and witty comments made by the characters. Dav Pilkey is hilarious and super creative. Though this might seem like a "boy" book series, I know plenty of girls who like it, too (including yours truly). A must-read for every kid, in my opinion.
Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2010

funny, but too easy

its no harry potter or percy jackson, but its humorous. its easy, very very easy with some jokes about violence (the extremely graphic violence chapter, part 1) wich isnt graphic or violent.

Kid, 12 years old October 13, 2009
Funny when you're six. Rubbish immature trash when you're over nine. This silly yet harmless adventure of a man running around in his underpants will entertain and amuse young kids.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDrCool June 6, 2012

Captain Underpants is perfect for all ages!

I love this book! There are funny moments! The characters are perfectly drawn and it's got A LOT of action! Enjoy!
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2012

A+ choice for reluctant readers

This "epic novel" packs a ton of cartoony, silly violence and potty humor, which will definitely appeal to young boys and/or reluctant readers. George and Harold are mostly good boys, but your kids may pick up a few things about skipping school and wreaking havoc around the neighborhood.

Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2011

Inapproprite for little kids

Okay, but some changes can be made to make it more kid friendly and interesting.
Kid, 8 years old September 2, 2009

Kid, 8 years old October 14, 2011

Laughs, Excitement, Thrills. Just the right kind of inappropriateness.

It's awesome. In one part of the book, Captain Underpants says "Halt in the Name of Underwear!". His powers: He has wedgie power and he can fling lots of underpants. More powerful than a pair of boxer shorts.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDisneyFan213 August 31, 2010

Teen, 15 years old Written byclass of 2012 May 29, 2010

perfect for the youngins =]

i absolutely loved this book when i read it for the first time. i thought it was hilarious partly b/c it was so corny. it was something fun to read in contrast to some of the cookie-cutter books being fed to kids
Teen, 14 years old Written by96grlpowrCE March 17, 2010

Immature? Yes. Horrible? Nah...

Most people have pointed out how uneducational and trashy this series can be, and I fully agree. With villains like Professor Poopypants and Wedgie Woman, toilet humour is inevitable in these books. However, it wouldn't matter if it was a graphic novel about Richard Simmons on a quest to find a magical talking leotard of wisdom and prosperity... if it's a gateway book to reading, it's a good thing, regardless of how immature it can be. And yes, it is immature, but it got a lot of kids hooked on reading when it came out (what do you expect kids to read in elementary school? Pride and Prejudice?), and not only that, but it's got those random moments on occasions that are just wildly hilarious-- to me, at least.
Kid, 10 years old June 13, 2009

Awesomw

The Captain Underpants Series is great for little sibblings or younger brothers you will be caught reading this Series of books have fun and Enjoy !
Teen, 13 years old Written byNoseStuckInABook April 22, 2010

If a kid reads this young...what will they be reading in ten years?

Disgusting. Not worth your time.