Kid reviews for The Apocalypse of Elena Mendoza

The Apocalypse of Elena Mendoza Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Amazing!

This book was honestly really good. The end had a few in answered questions though and i feel like there should be a sequel. There’s great representation in this book and I love that the author didn’t make the entire plot about the main character being bi. I love how they sprinkled in many diverse characters without making it all about the characters overcoming homophobia and prejudice. Storyline was great and really interesting. If you’re thinking about not letting your child read this because of lgbt characters please reconsider, it’s an amazing book and lgbt people are just humans that society decided that they didn’t like.

It's definitely for mature kids but despite the language its REALLY GOOD

A Promising First Chapter, But the Rest Is Disappointing

It has clever humor, but there's a lot of swearing. There is talk of sex, the whole plot line stems from the girl that the main character has a crush on when she gets shot. The main character's dad drinks and smokes a ton. There is a minimal amount of child abuse that is punished. There is no plot line. Elena finds out absolutely nothing from the 3rd to 3rd to last chapters! Literally nothing happens that contributes to the main plot of the story! Of course the little plots expand throughout, but there is very little character development. The first chapter blew my mind, but after that it was very disappointing. I don't recommend this book, but is you do read it, I definitely think you should be at least 13 to read it, if not 15 or 16, like the main character.