Kid reviews for The Ashleys #1: There's a New Name in School

The Ashleys #1: There's a New Name in School Poster Image

Edgier Than Most Kid's Books

The language goes a little farther than slang- the father tells his twelve year old daughter she will "kick ass" and another twelve year old girl refers to her chauffeur who is nineteen years old as a "smart ass." This book is a smooth easy read but you may have to be older than ten to understand why when one girl's shirt went up people started wolf-whistling. Another girl lies about her age online using a sixteen year old boy by saying she is sixteen too although she is only twelve online. She also claims she can "sense" that he is hot and does not mention any other traits about him that she likes which may show impressionable or sensitive young kids that it is okay to like someone and supposedly "fall in love" with him if you can sense that he is hot. She lies about her age online with no consequence too.

Bring On The Ashley's!

The book is really good. Don't listen to anyone else. It's a great smooth read for kids that are older. Five stars!

11+

I'm 11 and I didn't find anything really inappropriate in the book apart from a few swear words. However, the girls in this book are all about being cool and spending money like it grows on trees - the girls (Ashleys) are not sweet and not the best role models! Even so, I enjoyed the book and I might pick up the next one in the series.

Know You Kids

I do not think that it is a great book for children, especially for middle schoolers. Children are very influenced by what they experience because they are trying to grow up, however, what they hear and read should be monitered with their parents. I, at the end of the book could not find a solid reason why a young reader would want to read this book. The charecters are clique obsessed 12-year olds who are not positive role models for other middle schoolers. They push a point that in order to be happy, you need to be materalistic and bully others around. And although children need to be aware of what is happening withen schools, they shouldn't be encouraged to fill their heads with it. The charecters' parents are also not good role models too young readers either. The girls parents let them do whatever they want and do not have a firm disciplinary code. The girls' parents let them rome the streets of San Francisco, not knowing (or possibly caring) where they are. They do not show intrest in who the date and are more preoccupied with their own social lives. Although "The Ashleys" may be labled as a children/young adults book I think that parents should read it or talk to other parents about the content and then talk with their children about it.

MUST READ!

In this book there is a ruling clique in Miss Gamble's School for Girls. The Ashleys have the right clothes, hair, and friends. Of course, all named Ashley. The Ashleys used to torture Lauren Page in her previous years in school. But when Lauren gets a new wardrobe, a new nose, and is now mega rich, she decides that it is time for the Ashleys reign should come to an end.

Appropriate for teens, but nothing special

This book is basically The Clique books but worse. It's fun to read, 'cause I can't resist these kinds of mean-girl guilty pleasure books, but it's nothing great. Nothing inappropriate for teens is in this book though, so don't be worried about that. Overall, read it if you want a quick guilty pleasure book, but it's nothing special.

Was an awesome book.

Don't Meet the Ashley's

Good grief! These girls need profesional help or something! They act cruel to eachother and everyone else, constantly judging those with less money then them. I can see some goodness in them-thank goodness, but it's rare. There is quite a few sexy issue in the book, like when that butler person opened the door for Lauren, the person commented that his "byseps flext in the most heart pounding manner" man I nearly pucked typing that. . . ew! And when the girls were dancing in the fancy car listening to a "bad song" and they were dancing inapropreatly, then it discribed one of the girls shirts going up too far, and people began whisling, Did I mention they're only 12!? They act like looks are everything, and if they don't look hot, there nothing, which is FAR from the truth. They do not take friendship seriously either, back stabbing each other even. Sometimes some things are funny, but in other ways they try to act like bullies and laugh at other people's pain. But I don't think people are seriously dumb enough to imatate this, and I sure HOPE there isn't a school as snotty as this, mine could care less about fashion. If one of these girls go to my school, she wouldn't survive. At the end I liked how Lauren saved Ashley's life. And I like how they try to be best friends, but one of the girls is more intent to take down the "leader" Ashley. I'm not saying kids can't read it, If i can they can. I'm just saying what I think about it is all. .

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!grown up may think its not gd but its brillllllllllll!! Lili and AA RUle

Must read book for every 11 year old girlz