Parent and Kid Reviews on

The Ballad of Never After: Once Upon a Broken Heart, Book 2
Our Review

Based on 6 kid reviews

Sort by:

Magical, hits you in the feels

It's not as magical as Caraval, in my opinion, but definitely a book worthy of the fantasy world. The best part of the book though, is when Miss Garber dedicates it to people who fear they will never find true love.
2 people found this helpful.

incredible sequel 😭

This was an AMAZING sequel to Once a broke heart ♥️ Love love love Jacks. He’s my man, He’s my boo. Although I will say that since jacks has a reputation for being flirty it really shows in these books. There’s a lot of sexual tension and sexual intimacy. Which is why I recommend for teens 16 and older. Trigger warning for those who will read it, THIS BOOK WILL GET YOUR HOPES UP AND THEN FULL ON STOMP ON YOUR HEART. You will not believe how hard I cried at the ending. Stephanie Garber broke my heart. Hopefully she’ll pick up the pieces with the third book

1 person found this helpful.

This book is underrated. There is NO SEX OR "GROPING" JUST FLIRTING.

Ok. Everyone says this book is waaay too bad for a "kid" to read. No. If you have a mature kid who understands life then it's completely fine. The first and third book are worse as they actually drop hints of the actual topic, like Apollo talking about Evangeline letting him snap the straps on her dress, but this book just has jacks flirting. Honestly, this series is the best series I have ever read. It's so much better than most kid books. I would say it's ok for 8 and up but the other books in this series bring it down a little.

the absolute best

Omg i literally loved this book!!! I’m so sad i finished the series, but this one was the by far the best. I loved it soooooo much!!! It does have a bit of violence, but it’s not like extremely violent or graphic, and there really isn’t anything inappropriate besides kissing and stuff. It’s literally so good go read it now!!

⚠️NOT 2 STARS⚠️

This book is so good! I read it as a mature 13 year old, and I think that at the least a mature 12 year old could read it, but the average age should be around 14. The first book was soooooo good and this one was an amazing sequel! There's lots of romantic tension, but no super spicy scenes. The main characters aren't good role models-keep that in mind, but the plot twists and storyline is so attention grabbing and amazing. I couldn't put this book down and finished it in about two days!

Thrilling Story, Addictive Read

*mild spoilers ahead* Wow. Just wow. Literally still reeling. I am not kidding when I say that I read these first two books in a total of 3 day. It was utterly addicting—from the enchanting world and stunning characters to the romantic tension and breakneck plot. However, I am also not kidding when I say I just cried for 10 minutes after finishing the book, threw my kindle at my bed, and screamed a certain “gallant prince’s” name at the sky while praying for his agonizing demise. My nerves are literally shot. BUT OMG WHAT A RIDE. 100% recommend. Be prepared to be utterly destroyed. Here’s to hoping the ragged edges of my soul get stitched up in the third book. PLEASE, STEPHANIE. HAVE MERCY. Anyway, gotta go cry some more. Godspeed, brave readers!