Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for The Battle of the Labyrinth: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 4

Thrilling fourth Percy Jackson sets war in motion.

Parent of a 2, 4, 6, and 8 year old Written byjennwhitmer October 14, 2010
I enjoyed the story, and it's action packed. The biggest problem is with the way the demigods were conceived. There is a lot of talk about the gods sleeping with humans to make the demigods. Until your child is ready to understand babies out of marriage, this book isn't for him.

Adult Written byreasonable mom August 14, 2011

proceed with caution

this series is really dark. i think you should read them and know your child's limits before allowing them to read them. they are very engaging, but they affected MY dreams. I have one child who can handle such things and another who would be too affected.

Adult Written byHancoco1 March 6, 2015

The book may be the best of the percy Jackson series

I don't want to give too many spoilers, but this has to be the best book out of all the series. Would I let my 8 year old read it? No. Would I let a kid 9 and older read it definatley. This is a book where happiness, sadness, victory, and defeat meet and make a great book.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 21, 2010
my favorite after #5

Parent of a 6, 8, and 10 year old Written bypebchristian March 23, 2010

THE BEST SERIES EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The series is awesome. This particular book is well handled, excellantly written, and darkly comical and a pinch of violence.

Adult Written byunknown65917 January 24, 2015
A lot of violence and deaths, a bit more steaminess as well. A lot of sad parts as well involving Luke, Annabeth, and Thalia's childhood.