Kid reviews for The Crossover

Soaring, poignant, novel in verse hits all the right spots.

Kid, 12 years old November 19, 2016

Fun to read!

This book is absolutely brilliant. It is really fun to read and ponder over what is happening or what the poem means. An example of it being smart is in the chapter "Second-Person", Josh talks about being without a second person in second person perspective. I would recommend this to anyone who just loves to read in general!

Teen, 13 years old Written bybrendanweeks December 8, 2016

I think it is a very good book

its good for kids and young adults

Teen, 13 years old Written bygn2017 December 14, 2016

Greatest Book Ever

Crossover is a great book. It has sports and poetry in it so it knocks out two genres with one stone. So I think that is cool that authors do that. Crossover is interesting and if you like trash talk and conflict you will like this book. I'm hoping to read the next book in the series called Booked. The main character is so amazing at basketball, he can dunk in middle school. He must be very good to do that. Crossover is a good book because the whole family likes basketball and his dad played NBA basketball and won a championship, which is pretty cool. His kids want to wear his ring but he keeps saying you’re not “The man,” which means did you win a title and they always say no. So they can't wear his ring anywhere, and that makes them try very hard so they can accomplish a lot more and maybe win a title when they're older. But they can't do it right now because they need to be in a league that does titles and they aren't so they are just playing in a small league. Crossover won the Newbery award. It's the author's first book. I think that he is a good author and the books that he writes are very good. This guy is a good thinker because he came up with sports and poetry in the same book. That's amazing! I would recommend this book to other sports lovers like me.

Teen, 15 years old Written bycirerehs October 18, 2017
Amazing book. One of my favorites.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDNavol23 October 1, 2017

I Highly Recommend This To All The People That Likes Basketball

To all the people out there that read books or don't. I highly, highly recommend them to read the book "The Crossover". The book is takes part of a person who is going out through failure, love, teamwork, inspiration, and success. What we are looking at the book is throwing two twins looking for a career from what they can find for their success from basketball. Nothing like what a character feel is the difference to understanding the hard part and the easy part. This really gives the readers a story from another to another and a expression / feeling to give the reader to know what makes them see from the screen of the story. Now, we know that, the reason I rated this a 5 star and give some awareness from what to expect from the book is that the book is easier to understand the story, it's easier to understand the characters to express their feeling and who they are, all the connections of the story are easy to analyze to line, comes in with grade value to educate the users with positive messages, and last this book needs to display as a masterpiece because I love the story and hits a full score to my real life character compared to the characters of the book.

Teen, 14 years old Written byThey.L0veChrissy March 16, 2018

If you like drama and basketball this book is for you!

It is a good book for teens who are up to date on everything. Teaches about family and other things.

Kid, 9 years old May 28, 2018

The Crossover is a must-read

I cannot even describe how amazing this book is. CSM says that this book hits all the right spots, and I think that's definitely an underestimation. Kwame Alexander's poignant novel in verse about two brothers who play basketball is, in a way, perfect. It won the Newbery Medal, and if any novel ever deserved such a prestigious award, it is The Crossover. For reluctant readers, sports fans, and longtime bookworms, this is the perfect book. This is a book you're going to want to reread, recommend, and share with your friends and kids. There are even a couple sequels if you're really into this book. This adds a new definition to a good book.

Kid, 11 years old November 10, 2018

This book will help kids understand family difficulties

The Crossover is about two high school twins that love basketball. One twin is focused on his girlfriend, while the other wants him to focus on basketball. There are some parts that might not be for young children--"I want to peel you and get under your skin." , but it also helps kids understand parent death, heart attack, and other difficulties.