Kid reviews for The Crossover

The Crossover Poster Image

Is The Crossover a slam dunk or a big flop?

The Crossover is such a beautiful novel! It is perfectly balanced with every aspect of a family and basketball novel. This book is so amazing. As a young adult, it taught me life lessons. My brothers loved this book and I do too. Such an amazing story.

Read it in Class, pretty good

I don’t think the book is bad, it’s amazing and people who are saying it’s for older kids are incorrect. The book has good values and lessons about being close to family and appreciating what you have since everything doesn't last forever.

Great Book

This is a great book which talks about a 13 year old boy that plays basketball with his twin brother and that his father played over seas and had a multi-million dollar deal with his team. He goes through tough times with his family that he pushes through at the end. In the Overtime chapter him and his brother reconnect by him saying, "We da man"

Definitely One Of My All Time Favorites

Great book, has a meaning, and tells a story about Josh and and brother JB, has some romance, but still a great story, totally my type of book, hope there's a second, but stillgood

THE Best Book Ever

I love it so much! Although it does include some bad stuff but other than that, this is the best book in my house! I was so mad when I got done reading it. There has to be a book two. There is not that mush cursing tho. This is a great book for people who love basketball (which is me).

Unique Book

Lots of the parent reviews of The Crossover are saying that it is oversexualised but I can assure you that there is only one part that is three sentences long. It is interesting how it is written and also laid out with bold text and different font and size writing and is in general an interesting read. It is about the middle school story of twins and how basketball, girls and life intertwine with their lives. It is not difficult to follow and I believe that is an realistic portrayal and definitely feels real and that is what I like about this book.

THE best book ever

Its a really good book it teaches life lessons.

This book will help kids understand family difficulties

The Crossover is about two high school twins that love basketball. One twin is focused on his girlfriend, while the other wants him to focus on basketball. There are some parts that might not be for young children--"I want to peel you and get under your skin." , but it also helps kids understand parent death, heart attack, and other difficulties.

The Crossover is a must-read

I cannot even describe how amazing this book is. CSM says that this book hits all the right spots, and I think that's definitely an underestimation. Kwame Alexander's poignant novel in verse about two brothers who play basketball is, in a way, perfect. It won the Newbery Medal, and if any novel ever deserved such a prestigious award, it is The Crossover. For reluctant readers, sports fans, and longtime bookworms, this is the perfect book. This is a book you're going to want to reread, recommend, and share with your friends and kids. There are even a couple sequels if you're really into this book. This adds a new definition to a good book.

If you like drama and basketball this book is for you!

It is a good book for teens who are up to date on everything. Teaches about family and other things.