Kid reviews for The Dark Prophecy: The Trials of Apollo, Book 2

More action-focused sequel a win for Percy Jackson fans.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 15 years old Written bymgn May 24, 2017

Nostalgic Feelings!

I've been reading Rick Riordan's novels since I was nine, which is definitely a good age to start. Reading this newest installment to his newest series definitely made me want to reread the originals! Like all of his other novels, it was full of interesting mythology as well as great plot points, amazing characters, lessons, and a lots of humor! I definitely recommend this for anyone that will understand the material or even older audiences because even as an "angsty teen" I was able to thoroughly enjoy it.

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byComplex July 16, 2017

Funny, but disappointing

The diolouge is hilarious as Rick Riordans's books always are, but I found the storyline had little substance. With that being said, I hope that the next installment in the series is better and that this was just a dull middle book, and after this, the action will really commence.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySuppp July 25, 2017
This book is really awesome. But I recommend that kids should read the Percy Jackson series & the heroes of Olympus one too so they can really get it and enjoy it more. Also there's some LGBT content so it might be too inappropriate for younger kids (like 12 and below). But overall Rick did an AMAZING job writing this book!! You'd find urself laughing out loud at times!!!!! Pleaaaase read it and enjoy. Ciao!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlex.Fierro January 29, 2018

Nice

I think this book was a good second installment and I cant wait till the second! This book was immensely satisfying, as it answered a bunch of questions like, can the Hunters of Artemis (non platonically) love each other? Would Meg come back?, stuff like that. It also led to a lot to wait for, such as seeing the Roman's again and visiting the labyrinth again. There are some same-sex couples and crushes, but it is all perfectly safe. They don't even kiss! At the most, there is hugging and couple names. Nothing to big, as usual.