Kid reviews for The Dark Prophecy: The Trials of Apollo, Book 2

The Dark Prophecy: The Trials of Apollo, Book 2 Poster Image

Complete Trash

Stupid. Just plain stupid. I hate these books. They are really annoying and the characters are dumb. The only straight relationship in the entire series is Caleo, and it's toxic. Calypso is really rude to Leo and she literally says "I hate you!" in his face. It angers me that Riordan is putting things that I would rather not read about in a children's book. Apollo never stops complaining that he isn't a god and he describes his old lover with so much lust I wanted to barf. I read the reviews on these books and I feel like I'm the only one who is disturbed by how much sexuality is in these books. This is not a 9-12 age ranged series

Love the book great read

Classic acts on style with just the right mix in of comedy. I am 11 and I think my age is perfect for this book some part can be a little Mature guess. The violence level is perfectly fine people overreact a lot. Lots of diversity and real-world issues kids should know about without scaring them with stuff Ike climate change not good for kids at least 9 and under I think great about teaching mythology but not as much as Percy Jackson and the Olympian’s but since this is an add on that was kind of expected. Overall. Amazing read too much violence and topics little kids might not understand or find scary or weird. If your kid is 9 or younger wait until, they are 10 or 11 but prob 11 great messages,v iolence but not too much, no romantic-y stuff that is inappropriate, no swearing, good role models, consumerism happens but not too much of it,an d no drinking

Great

If your child is having trouble finding a book that’s right for them, try giving them books by this author. There a twist of modern time, mythology and action.

Trials of apollo

It was good just it was a little inappropriate for 10-13

Definitely appropriate for 10 and up

I love this book even more than the last. SPOILERS! So Leo, Calypso, and Apollo (a.k.a Lester) wind up in Indianapolis. they meet Emmie and Jo (I love them) and find out their daughter is missing and was kidnaped by Apollo's ex-lover who is a little mad at him because Apollo drowned him in a bathtub in ancient Rome. Leo and Meg have perfect chaos energy as well.

Awesome book!!

This book was very good. Definitely made me want to read the next book in the series. I really enjoyed it. Not as funny as Apollo the Hidden Oracle but still very good.

Nice

I think this book was a good second installment and I cant wait till the second! This book was immensely satisfying, as it answered a bunch of questions like, can the Hunters of Artemis (non platonically) love each other? Would Meg come back?, stuff like that. It also led to a lot to wait for, such as seeing the Roman's again and visiting the labyrinth again. There are some same-sex couples and crushes, but it is all perfectly safe. They don't even kiss! At the most, there is hugging and couple names. Nothing to big, as usual.