Kid reviews for The Devil's Arithmetic

Intense Holocaust story makes history real.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHeyAlyss October 20, 2011

It is a really good book.

I am a thirteen year old girl reviewing it from my point of view. And, if I'm saying that it is one of my favorite books on the holocaust, then it is true.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykirss April 12, 2010
i think that this book is very good, and i dont think that it is bad for any children at all. I think it is very good for kids ages 12 and older because it actually teaches you about the holocaust.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNEWYORK51 October 21, 2011

not good

is inapropite for my kids

Teen, 13 years old Written byBoyWhoCriedWolf101 October 6, 2011

STUPID WORST EVER

i like most books i read but this was the number 1 worst book ever to be sold in the world it sucks .... its so boring and no matter who you are you will hate it so boring

Kid, 12 years old June 18, 2011

Good but only for mature kids

I thought that it was pretty good but it was a little scary for me a couple of times. Nightmares would not be a surprise for younger children. It was very interesting, though, and I mostly had a fun time reading it. It also taught me a lot about Holocaust.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybigcat April 9, 2008

you have to read this book all ages

Teen, 15 years old Written byNativemoon95 May 16, 2011

Perfect For Tweens and Teens

I was assigned to read this book in school and when I first saw the cover that it wasn't going to be a very good book, but then I read it! I love this book, I'm not Jewish but I can relate to how Hannah feels when you are listening to your grandparents go on and on about something you had nothing to with, it can be frustrating when someone like me loves history but hates being a told a story but not all of it and then having to hear over and over. This book had me turning the pages over and over and i ended up finished it in two hours. The way Jane made Hannah's point of view blew me away because like i said even though I'm not Jewish I could relate to her and how Hannah dealt with everything was Amazing.....it it truly a Amazing book and if you ever have time sit down and read it! It's educational and addicting!

Teen, 13 years old Written byallittleton May 15, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written byguin236 July 10, 2012

"The Devil's Arithmetic" Is a Must Read Title

This is an engaging story about a young girl who learns the importance of remembering and the past. It is a good introduction to the Holocaust and the concept of why we need to preserve and remember our history. It is also a good rainy day story for older children (think 11-12 +) and adults alike. Readers will enjoy this book.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygnatalie12 November 8, 2010

great for ages 12 and up

I loved this story! I would say that it is not for kids under the age of 12 though because of the amount of violence.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySkittlezgirl April 17, 2009

This book is a really sad story

I think that since i rea d the book and saw the movie i think its really heartbroken,because its to hard to beleave it that it may still be happing right this moment.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBIHVguicvi April 9, 2008

It Sucks

I think this book was horibble and it was boring.....i will never recomend this to anyone.....forget this ... i hate it.... and i didnt even finish it....
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlyssam1501 April 2, 2014

Devils Arithmetic

The Devils Arithmetic was a phenomenal book about a girl named Hannah who turns into a girl named Chaya and suddenly faces the harshness of the holocaust. She learns how hard and brutal life was if you were a Jew during the Holocaust. She is put in concentration camps and is no longer called by her name. She becomes a number. Chaya is treated cruelly and brutally and it is up to her to change it. She meets new people and is filled with horror at the sight of what people went through during the Holocaust. Throughout the book she learns that without laughter there is no hope and without hope there is no life. She becomes strong and realizes that she is not a number. She is Chaya. She is Life

Teen, 13 years old Written bylilraquan May 18, 2012

nazi and jews

i think this a good movie about the nazi and jews

Kid, 11 years old March 23, 2011

Great Book!

This book was really, really great. It was educational, and at the same time, ans adventure! Although it may get sad at times, it gives the reader a feel of what it might have been like in the Holocaust. Overall, I think it was a very interesting, want-to-read-more book!

Teen, 15 years old Written byNice Fail April 22, 2010
Teen, 16 years old Written bymileyboot June 15, 2009

the review

hannah s conflicts
Teen, 14 years old Written bybookluver101 April 9, 2008

best book i have read in a long time

this is THE best book i have EVER read about the holacaust it is very good