All teen and kid member reviews for The Emerald Atlas: The Books of Beginning, Book 1

Kid, 12 years old March 6, 2013

Favorite Book!

Really great book, probably my favorite book ever. I love the fantasy, but there was some violence, definitely not for kids under 1. still really good
Teen, 14 years old Written bytreasurechest May 10, 2012

100% Clichè

I really didn't enjoy this book. The plot is ridiculously overused and simply boring. I had such a horrible time getting through this book, but then again maybe that's because I'm 14. I expected more than the typical orphans fight against evil witch plot, but that's what this is. The dwarf king is gross and loves to drink and eat like a pig, but Kate is a good leader and protector for her siblings. Probably a good read for younger kids, older kids will get bored easily. It's rather predictable, but I think it would be a good chapter a night bedtime story for younger kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytori.ace December 5, 2012

Pretty good

The emerald atlas is a good book but not the best book. I found it a bit boring the first time I tried to read it but it grew on me.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysarakaren20 March 26, 2016

One of my favorite books!!!

I absolutely LOVE this book. It has a little violence in it, but it's great how there isn't any sex, drugs, or cursing in it. The emerald atlas is clean, well written, and an amazing piece of work that I will re-read even after I'm 80 years old.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykanonfantasie October 29, 2014

Exciting fantasy

The run-of-the-mill plot twists keep this book very interesting. Some of the violence may disturb younger readers, though. The Emerald Atlas explores the meaning and importance of family and one's past. The time travel element makes it great for avid middle grade readers