Kid reviews for The Fifth of March

So-so historical fiction mixed with romance.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 13 years old Written byBest Books Around November 12, 2019

Boring, Not worth real time.

The plot is boring with the climax not starting until Chapter 16 and the book only get more boring from there. The book is more just for knowing who people are and for people that are not very knowledgeable on historical figures around the american revolution time period. I did this on a project and it was boring for school. Read this if you need to do a project, not for fun.

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhytho January 22, 2018

WORST BOOK EVER

THIS BOOK IS TRASH. Don't read it
Teen, 15 years old Written bysunnysideup7685 May 14, 2011

Best Historical Fiction

I had to read this book in fifth grade when we learned about the American Revolution. Ann Rinaldi, is a great author who transports her readers right into the heat and heart of the A.R.
She uses real characters and events from history and mixes them with her own characters and plot. In this book she takes the story of Rachel Marsh a servant at John and Abagail Adams house and shows what it was like living in Boston, before and during the Boston Massacre. While Rinaldi is a good author she always adds things into her books that make them iffy for readers 13 and under. In this book the British soldiers use a few words. And while Rachel's romance with a British private Matthew Kilroy is not sexual or explicit in anyway. The feelings and ups and downs that Matthew and Rachel go through, young readers won't understand. Other than that I defenitely recommend this book, you'll want to reread and reread this book. Not to mention you'll never forget what happand during the Boston Massacre.

Educational Value