Kid reviews for The Glittering Court

Fashion, romance rule in fun alternate-colonial-era fantasy.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 14 years old Written byPinkDiamond228 May 10, 2017

Better Than 'The Selection'

A few months ago, when I had finished 'The Selection' series by Kiera Cass, I didn't know what to read next. Finally, after browsing on the internet for similar books, I came upon 'The Glittering Court' by Richelle Mead. If you enjoyed 'The Selection' series, then you should definitely read 'The Glittering Court'. There's lots of great romance and drama, and the plot is very intriguing and fast-paced. This time, though, there isn't a ridiculous love triangle. *phew* The author also included dress descriptions every once in a while, which was nice. Richelle Mead also goes beyond the glitz and glamour of the semi-historical setting - a few chapters are set in a remote area, where people mine for gold. While it's pretty clear that the Elizabeth/Adelaide and Cedric (her love interest) have an ongoing sexual relationship after their marriage, it isn't described at all - it's merely implied. I'm glad that Richelle Mead chose to do so, rather than describe everything graphically. It could have been better though. The main character, Elizabeth/Adelaide runs away from an arranged marriage to the Glittering Court, which basically just sells women/brides to the highest bidders. The decision isn't any better, though I suppose, the plot wouldn't exist if it weren't for that decision. Details about the fates of her two friends, Tasmin and Mira, are not explained clearly, but Richelle Mead did it deliberately, so I guess that isn't too bad. Overall, it's a wonderful book, perfect for anyone who thought 'The Selection' wasn't enough. I'm looking forward to the second installment of this series.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpaghetti.is.good June 10, 2017

AMAZING!!!

I love this book! The romance was very sweet and perfect, and wasn't too sexual. The two main characters have a couple sexual encounters but don't actually do anything, until they're married. Which isn't described at all and is very brief. There is no swearing, and very little drinking. It sends good messages, and is a great book! LOVE IT!!!!

Teen, 17 years old Written byKaraburns October 13, 2018