All teen and kid member reviews for The Golem's Eye (The Bartimaeus Trilogy, Book 2)

Kid, 12 years old September 21, 2009

An Amazing Series But For More Tween Readers

This series centers around three characters: Kitty, Nathaniel, and Bartimaeus. The book is kind of like Harry Potter, only in my opinion, better. The moral values taught in the books are unforgettable. It tells of redemption and friendship. The only reason I say iffy is because if you aren't old enough to understand the books, then the moral values can and probably will be confused. For those who say the book is annapropriate and has nothing good about, you should finish the series and read 'Ptolemy's Gate'.
Teen, 15 years old Written byelenmadil April 9, 2008
Really got me thinking about social classes and stuff like that. And Bartimeus's footnotes are fabulus!
Teen, 15 years old Written byski123 April 9, 2008

wonderful!!!

this trilogy is awesome!!! Everyone 8 years old and up should read this book.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySchismatic-Sha August 24, 2009

Just a great book in general.

I think this site puts too much empathsis on the small matters in the book. Sure the demon is a bit cheeky, the boy isnt that great, and the girl is part of a group determined to take down the 'evil' government. But do you really think kids care? No, they just want to see their favorite characters suceed. I personally think this book isnt an issue for kids. Though the chacters are iffy, they still provide the entertainment every teen, tween, and possibly even adult will enjoy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Go demo- I mean, djinni!

With delightfull witty sarcasm, and lots of nice little footnotes, Bartimaeus is back! A must read for the avid fantasy-goer.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

A Great Book

I throughly enjoyed this book. I can't wait until the third one of the trilogy comes out.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEragonfan April 9, 2008

A good book

It's good, but only good, it drags out a bit too much, but the plot is good. stars 5 (4 1/2) not for children 9 and under
Teen, 14 years old Written bywildey101 April 9, 2008

brilliant book

this book was brilliant i read the first one then got really into it and had to read the second, i always think the second in a series will be the worst but this was just as good as the first. it is a must read book and i strongly advise anyone to read it, even my parents thaught it was great!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypapascrep April 9, 2008

I loved it

it must have been the best book i ever read since harry potter. It kept my attention and i could read it over and over again if i had to. It is my favorite book ever. I cant believe how good it is. I read it in about a week and i am only 8 years old. I am smart for my age but if i gave it to a fellow 8 year old it would make no sense because he isnt a genius like me. E=mc2
Teen, 17 years old Written byDragonWriter July 14, 2015

Perfectly Marvellous Writing and Full of Suspense

The second book in the Bartimaeus trilogy was amazing. It plays with your emotions and character allegiances a lot, and I felt incredibly conflicted most of the time over who I wanted to succeed. In the previous book, Nathaniel was at risk of being swallowed by the Magician's culture of power, greed, and betrayal. Now in this book, he's fallen into it head-long. Only a few sparks of his conscience can be seen anymore, but as he's the main character, the reader still feels allegiance to him. This is partially because we know Nathaniel has the potential to be honourable and good and we desperately hope he'll be able to live up to that potential. One of the antagonists, Kitty Jones is a member of the resistance that Nathaniel is trying to destroy. Some of the chapters are told from her point of view and she is much better morally than Nathaniel. Her sad backstory also moves the heart of the reader in her direction, leaving the reader unsure who to side with. If Nathaniel doesn't stop the resistance, he'll be in big trouble, but if the resistance is stopped, Kitty will be in trouble. Few books have ever been able to create such a feeling of conflict and suspense in me before. The book was one of the best I've ever read!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybartimaeus fan April 9, 2008

This book was the best book i have ever read.

THIS BOOK WAS THE BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byArt_is_a_Bang April 9, 2008