All teen and kid member reviews for The Gollywhopper Games

Kid, 10 years old May 10, 2012

good

this book is very good for older kids but might be too violent for little kids gil is one of the best role models because even though his father was in jail he still wants to win from the place where he was aressted (golly toy and game company.) Even though some of the kids cheat it is all good in the end
Kid, 11 years old September 19, 2010

IN MY TOP FIVE FAVORITES

The Gollywhopper Games is one of the best books I have ever read in the genre of mystery. I would put it in my top five books EVER! It is fast paced, exciting, and you never know what will happen to Gil. It is by far my favorite Sunshine State book for 2010! The best part, in my opinion, is when the Golly officials disqualify Rocky for cheating by his dad giving him signals like coughing or moving his hands like in baseball. I also like the part when the Golly president, Bert Golliwop Jr, had fired Gil’s dad, Charles Goodson, for sending himself $25,000 through a computer (even though he was found not guilty),but then he gave Mr. Goodson his job back as vice president because they found out that Rocky’s dad really did it. The moral of this story is cheaters never win, or honesty is ALWAYS the BEST policy.
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

A great story!

I loved it! A boy enters some games so he can get money to move. This story has some puzzles in it and one at the end. A must read for both boys and girls!