All parent member reviews for The House on Mango Street

Adult Written byBroken and Bleeding November 11, 2009

i am i high school student in texas and i am reading this novel, and frankly i am not in the least bit impressed with it. its a story that has no connection between vignettes and is no more than a collaberation of random short stories. in my oppinion a sixth grader could have written this book.
Adult Written byjklefurgy@gmail.com February 10, 2015

An Amazing read

House on mango Street is about a girl named Esperanza who has to go through many struggles during what is supposed to be her carefree childhood, but to be perfectly honest that is selling this book short. This book has so many underlying themes and messages that are up to interpretation, one thing I think that makes this book all the more enjoyable. I loved house on mango street for several reasons. One was because of its uniqueness and Sandra’s willingness to be honest and let her self reflect in her writing. I also love Sandras Cisneros's writing style. I Love the idea of short stories that can stand alone and I feel that she has executed it perfectly. Another reason I loved this book is because anyone can relate to this book in one way or another.
Parent Written bybrinawilson April 18, 2012

My Opinion & guide Lines.

i think this book isn't for kinds but it should be good for the younger adults in about let's say maybe senior year in high school and not for younger viewers in junior high school.