Parent reviews for The Invasion of the Boy Snatchers: A Clique Novel

The Invasion of the Boy Snatchers: A Clique Novel Poster Image

Invasion of the Pearl Clutchers

Anyone who is getting their panties in a bunch thinking that the book is encouraging kids to be materialistic clearly hasn't actually read the book. The clique series hyperbolizes the middle school experience, but many tweens will get the message loud and clear. And if y'all think your 13 year old has never so much as uttered the word "boob", you're only fooling yourself.

Boob Job, Wet T Shirt Contest, Major Cleavage, Slut: In Massies's Own Words ...

"It Sucks!" This book is disgusting and is not appropriate for tweens. I am shocked that the CSM review mentions consumerism and mean girl actions as the "what you need to know." In my opinion, those things pale in comparison to the awful sexual content of the book. By page 50 I had read enough. Unfortunately, my 10 year old 4th grader (who is pretty mature) read this at the suggestion of the local libarian before I did. I was shocked that the librarian would recommend this garbage for a 10 year old. I understand that 'kids today' know more than I did at this age, but I don't think my 10 year old needs to read about boob jobs, wet T shirt contests, major cleavage, and sluts.

Absolutely Disgusting.

OMG. This book is DISGUSTING! Last year I went through my 15 year old daughter's room and I saw this book hidden in her nightstand. Curious to know what it was about, I read a page here and there and all I have to say is that it is definitely not even appropriate for children of any age! If you want your children to grow up right, don't feed them anything with a bad message, and this book sure has the biggest bad message I have ever seen. Do not allow your children to read this trashy, poorly-written book.

4 stars

My daughter used to read these books but I still feel like reviewing it.I don't have a problem with this hook.a bunch of snooby girls butthats not a concern to me at all

Excellent, well-written read for 3rd grade and up

Invasion of the Boy Snatchers is a well-written guilty pleasure novel that is an enjoyable and entertaining read for 3rd grade and up. Kids will enjoy the tongue-in-cheek comebacks and the fun details of the wealthy and privileged. Your children should be smart enough to realize that this is guilty pleasure fiction and should not be taken seriously. A+

perfect for ages 9 and up.

I LOVE these books. I have read all of the books up to Invasion Of The Boy Snatchers one and is almost done with it and it's only been about 3 months. I'm always reading them. I think it is appropriate for ages 9 and up. The main story line is that a spoiled girl with a rich daddy in charge of her own exclusive clique has her daddy's poor friends move into their guest house with their son thats one or two grades lower and their daughter who is in the same age as massie the main character and she tries to join the clique and when she finally gets in massies other friends try to get their friends and cousin to join.

The Clique Is Awesome....Except for Sexual Behavior

I love The Clique series especially this book but this book does have some sexualbehavior by 13 and 12 year olds.A girl wears very revealing outfits including tight low rise jeans,a fur covered coat that doesn't cover her midriff,a gold tube top that her breasts don't fit into and see through harem pants.She also talks about kissing boys and having them at her 4th grade parties, jokes about her virginity,and uses her breasts and sexual dancing to get boys attention.Another characther longs for a kiss from her boyfriend but accidently kisses her friends crush thanks to her friends cousin"Nina the Sex Machina".A girl takes off her bra in class and throws it across the room.Girls talk about cup sizes,kissing and looking sexy.

not rated for age

Oi.

Aweful book and unrealistic. This book is for girls who wish for some LV Purses and twenty boyfriends. The behavior and lifestyle of all the girls are too similar to be real, and just just plain distorted. This is a book about stuck-up rich girls being mean while you enjoy it. It's pointless, with no meaning, and shallow. Save your time girls, and keep dreaming. If you want to read the rest of the books, don't bother. They're all the same but with a .1% twist.
not rated for age