All parent member reviews for The Invasion of the Boy Snatchers: A Clique Novel

Parent of a 11 and 18+ year old Written byrainydayqueen August 3, 2009

The Clique Is Awesome....Except for Sexual Behavior

I love The Clique series especially this book but this book does have some sexualbehavior by 13 and 12 year olds.A girl wears very revealing outfits including tight low rise jeans,a fur covered coat that doesn't cover her midriff,a gold tube top that her breasts don't fit into and see through harem pants.She also talks about kissing boys and having them at her 4th grade parties, jokes about her virginity,and uses her breasts and sexual dancing to get boys attention.Another characther longs for a kiss from her boyfriend but accidently kisses her friends crush thanks to her friends cousin"Nina the Sex Machina".A girl takes off her bra in class and throws it across the room.Girls talk about cup sizes,kissing and looking sexy.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bycliquegirl98 November 7, 2009

perfect for ages 9 and up.

I LOVE these books. I have read all of the books up to Invasion Of The Boy Snatchers one and is almost done with it and it's only been about 3 months. I'm always reading them. I think it is appropriate for ages 9 and up. The main story line is that a spoiled girl with a rich daddy in charge of her own exclusive clique has her daddy's poor friends move into their guest house with their son thats one or two grades lower and their daughter who is in the same age as massie the main character and she tries to join the clique and when she finally gets in massies other friends try to get their friends and cousin to join.
Parent of a 13, 15, and 17 year old Written byparents4lyfe November 10, 2011

Absolutely Disgusting.

OMG. This book is DISGUSTING! Last year I went through my 15 year old daughter's room and I saw this book hidden in her nightstand. Curious to know what it was about, I read a page here and there and all I have to say is that it is definitely not even appropriate for children of any age! If you want your children to grow up right, don't feed them anything with a bad message, and this book sure has the biggest bad message I have ever seen. Do not allow your children to read this trashy, poorly-written book.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byCommon critic January 21, 2011

4 stars

My daughter used to read these books but I still feel like reviewing it.I don't have a problem with this hook.a bunch of snooby girls butthats not a concern to me at all
Parent Written byKateandWillsMom March 18, 2014

Boob Job, Wet T Shirt Contest, Major Cleavage, Slut: In Massies's Own Words ...

"It Sucks!" This book is disgusting and is not appropriate for tweens. I am shocked that the CSM review mentions consumerism and mean girl actions as the "what you need to know." In my opinion, those things pale in comparison to the awful sexual content of the book. By page 50 I had read enough. Unfortunately, my 10 year old 4th grader (who is pretty mature) read this at the suggestion of the local libarian before I did. I was shocked that the librarian would recommend this garbage for a 10 year old. I understand that 'kids today' know more than I did at this age, but I don't think my 10 year old needs to read about boob jobs, wet T shirt contests, major cleavage, and sluts.
Parent Written byCommonSenseParent November 23, 2010

Excellent, well-written read for 3rd grade and up

Invasion of the Boy Snatchers is a well-written guilty pleasure novel that is an enjoyable and entertaining read for 3rd grade and up. Kids will enjoy the tongue-in-cheek comebacks and the fun details of the wealthy and privileged. Your children should be smart enough to realize that this is guilty pleasure fiction and should not be taken seriously. A+
Parent of a 12 year old Written bytealsweety July 16, 2009
Adult Written byFlavored April 9, 2008

Oi.

Aweful book and unrealistic. This book is for girls who wish for some LV Purses and twenty boyfriends. The behavior and lifestyle of all the girls are too similar to be real, and just just plain distorted. This is a book about stuck-up rich girls being mean while you enjoy it. It's pointless, with no meaning, and shallow. Save your time girls, and keep dreaming. If you want to read the rest of the books, don't bother. They're all the same but with a .1% twist.
Adult Written bysoccer girl7 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bypinkray April 9, 2008

An awesome book about friendship!

This book was a great book for all girls. there actualy wasnt much bad stuff in it.
Adult Written bybusymomof3 April 9, 2008

get over it-and yourself

OK I think we can all be mature adults and admit that these books ARE similar to the life today, maybe you should talk to your children around this age and you would find that out. Though it does go over board on the designer clothes and accessories, some of us can afford that and if your children want to read about this, let them. No need to be strict and over protective. These are harmless books and adults are just making too much of a deal with them. Especially when these adults can’t spell AWFUL. Maybe they should pick up a book and learn to use correct grammar. =]
Adult Written byduh itz lyss April 9, 2008

best books i've read in a while

i have read 5 books in the series "The Clique" i believe they show my daughter how not to act. it tells what happens when you do the bad things. you can lose friends. In these books there is a lot of drama and meanness, but this is exactly how it is for our children in the real world. So what if they are opsessive over clothes, it just shows good hygiene and a healthy hobby. Some parents have more money than others and are able to buy these designer names. There is nothing wrong with designer names. If these books keep my child reading then so be it. Books cause childrens brains to enhance which is a wonderful thing. Really these drama books are interesting and keep my child reading. My child would not continue reading the books if it had no drama. I mean who would read a book that basically says "i went to school, i did my work, i went home, and had no crush on a single boy all day." Exactly! no one would want to read a book like that.
Adult Written byunclekirby April 9, 2008

simple summary from a dad of four

Taking the Lord's name in vain several times. Hidden video camera's in locker rooms. Strict mother with "a cross" necklace is made out to be the jerk. Nothing of value here at all.
Adult Written bymoviemadness April 9, 2008

No merit whatsoever.

This book is nothing but trash. It is not well-written and the badly developed characters care only for clothes, boys and popularity. The book's characters are all middle schoolers, but they discuss kissing, virginity, dieting, and clevage like the high schoolers in other chicklit. Altogether, this book is full of catty, meanspirited girls who are unrealistic. Not to mention bad role models for your tween. Keep kids away!
Adult Written bygoodmom101 April 9, 2008

ok, kind of dumb but a fun read for tweens

even though there are rich snotty girls in this book it is a quick easy read for your teen. there was no sexual content, drugs, or violence, and that is hard to find in many books for teenagers. it was okay.