Kid reviews for The Invasion of the Boy Snatchers: A Clique Novel

The Invasion of the Boy Snatchers: A Clique Novel Poster Image

Sooo dumb!

These books are good if you want someone to make fun of just because they are so stupid and in real life Massie would get her *** kicked!

Materialstic and bratty

I could write you a long review about how horrible these books are, but I can sum it up in a few sentences. These girls are mean to others and their friends. They're just plain bratty and they're so materialistic. Not worth your time.

not rated for age

Stuck up rich kids bullying everyone to make them feel stronger

This book, and all the others is enjoyable to read to some people, and I have to admit, myself, because of all the drama. But really, the drama is much to overdramatic. The use of brand names is only an excuse for the author to make more money. And yes, some tweens and teens do have designer clothes and boyfriends, and that is perfectly fine, but in the Clique series, it seems to be all that matters to them, not to mention hot utterly important bullying is, just to make them feel better, and more powerful. The series is obviously unrealistic, but can still create a horrible impact on teen and tween girls. There are more important things than dieting to stay thin, and keep your fit, having a cell phone, mainly just to gossip, with your friends and show off and what all. The girls all in some sence, make a perfect fit together, but they can also be so amzing cruel to their friends, just to be popular. And Alicia and Massie's competition to be the more important one in the Clique or in the entire school, is completely unneccesary, and that's not what friends are. Friends do not become obsessed with competing to be the prettiest, or most popular, but actually care about each other, and not just themselves. And that may be what we enjoy reading about them, but I don't think anyone should, and definitely not anyone who is normally exposed to media as bad as that, because it is really easy to become used to that, but that's not what reality is, nor is it what it should be.
not rated for age

A must-read? Come on, people...

The series is a little risque, but that's not the big issue. I'd say that the thing about these books that most turns me off (and this is just my opinion) is the superfacial behavior of Claire, the slightly geeky wannabe. When Maddie is catty or superfacial, it bugs me less, as she's supposed to be the catty 'villan' of the books. But even after repeated humiliation at the hands of 'the clique', Claire still wants to be part of the in-group. In an earlier book of this series, the author makes it very clear that Claire would dump her friend Leigh if it ment she could be part of the 'clique'. I would not reccomend this book to anyone. I'm sorry, all you fans, but the plot and the characters are very shallow. Memo to the author: it's a little thing called 'character development'.
not rated for age

Down right dumb-yet strangly addicting

The clique books are what you would call a guilty pleasure. You know you should hate them, but some how you can't stop reading them. The girls in these books are spoiled brats, and designers and boys are the center of their lives. You could hardly call the girls friends, as they manipulate each other, lie to each other, have flings with the other girls' boyfriends, and humiliate each other on purpose. Commercialism is also a BIG issue in these books. There are sentences like: Massie put her pink Motorola Rzr into her light brown Lous Vuitton bag. Designers and brand names are mentioned on every page, and the girls have all the latest styles and trends. Parents should know that kissing and such are a big part of these books. The kisses in these books are not romantic at all, as the girls do it just to impress their friends. This is bad choice for girls, but read it on a rainy day if you must, it's slightly entertaining.

this is a MUST NOT READ!

Okay, these books are beyond terrible. Who wants to read bout some bratty girls who only care about boys, clothes, and other things girls like that worry about. I mean seriously, PLEASE DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS READ THIS! before you let your child read this why don't you read it? It's TERRIBLE! Sorry to all of you out there who like it. (i'm just giving you my opinion!)

THE CLIQUE

Come on, its not bad. Just because its a good book doesnt mean well do that. Sexual Ref. B***h thats it. We dont want to be bullies. OK!!!!

Actually quite entertaining

I read this series at 8 and understood it well enough. Actually entertaining reads for kids who know how to handle the messages. (generally because the girls are so catty, self-obsessed, and stupid it's funny) There are about two brand names on each page of the book and THAT is annoying. But as long as you have a chat to your kid about how to make use of these stories, I think it's okay for 10 and up.

Good Book.

Nice book...... don't let your kids be the little version of Nina or Massie!!! Ha ha....

Ah-mazing series!

I think this is an ah-mazing series of books. They are a fun read and teach girls a bit a bout what life as a teen may be like. Some people say that they a bad role models, but if they think hard they show them what not to be like. The girls how read these can learn from their mistake, and not learning them the hard way.