Parent reviews for The Kissing Booth

The Kissing Booth Poster Image

HORRIBLE Book

The movie is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better and this book is soooo inappropriate. It is FILLED with sex and lots of language. It is VERY cringy and it's a horrible book. How it got published is beyond me.

The kissing booth

I really liked it but I found that it lacked detail. I found myself wanting more. I feel like they should have added more detail to Elle and Noah’s relationship. Also the ending was not the best I wanted to know what happens between Noah and Elle. I feel like it was a glimpse into a teenagers life and how it’s confusing and you find yourself in difficult places. Overall a decent movie

Peek into the chaos of a teenagers life

This book/movie is light hearted with a balance of the hard decisions of reality. Following a girls choice between sacrificing her happiness for the happiness of her best friends or following her heart. The characters are well developed and allow for a real connection. This book details that all people go through tough stages, difficult choices and harsh realities as they grow up. As for the drinking and sexual content- it’s realistic and should not be judged. 10/10 would recommend.

Almost a cute movie!

I watched this movie on Netflix. I couldn’t even finish it. It starts out with a fun and loving relationship with Elle and her best friend Lee and Elle having a crush on his older brother. It soon becomes about the glorification of consequence-free teenage drinking, sneaking around, lying and having consequence-free sex. I was really disappointed. I feel like without the sex and the alcohol the story would have been much better for the audience it was intended. It was very unnecessary. I don’t feel like there is anything uplifting about this movie. I don’t see how this movie will benefit young teenagers in any way.