Parent reviews for The Leaving

Fast-paced thriller seeks to solve mystery of missing teen.

Adult Written bystan.maner June 22, 2016

Fun read

Interesting. I enjoyed it.
Adult Written byAshley B. October 14, 2016

Poor Editing

I was not a fan of this selection. I'm typically enticed by novels that come off as sci-fi. The writing style was similar to many other authors I have chosen to read and love. The concept of the book was unique; however, I don't believe it was completely thought out. Is the book supposed to be a crime novel, a science fiction novel or something else entirely? The genre was not clear. The editor of the book also seemed disappointed in the book, seeing that there were several grammatical errors that were too hard to merely skip over. Maybe shoot for a simpler concept or map it out better before choosing to write this was. Very choppy overall.
Parent of a 10 and 15 year old Written byAwaremom August 13, 2017

Don't like the underlying messages

Inferred throughout the book is sex between the various teens. Either wondering if they have had it or thinking they want to. Personally I don't feel that's appropriate for younger teens, thus my 17+ rating. There is a reference to lesbianism. I'm not recommending this to my daughter who is 15. There is already too much pressure these days on younger teens to have sex. In my opinion. I think I'll not add to that by sharing this book with her.