All teen and kid member reviews for The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe: The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 1

Teen, 13 years old Written byavidcritc April 9, 2008

transparent, but lovable

yeah, it's totally obvious that aslan is jesus. not subtle and all. but despite that (and i'm not even christian!) i still loved this book. my whole family got really into it one summer, so warning: get into it as much as you like, but no matter how good the author makes turkish delight sound, do yourself a favor and don't go out and try it. it is so, so gross.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGunnarman February 12, 2010

One of the best books ever made. Dead Serious.

This book is simply amazing. I have read all of The Chronicles of Narnia, and this one is the best by far. C.S. Lewis is one of the best writers in all of history. This book is great fantasy and if you don't like fantasy at all, then you won't like this. It is pure fantasy and is a great storie for children. When I first heard the storie as a little kid, I was just stunned. Highly recommended.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAllison Wittier May 27, 2015

The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe

This is a really amazing book for almost all ages! There is a great parallel with Aslan sacrificing himself for sinners like our Christ Jesus did for us on the cross...and the battle between good and evil. I'd recommend this to everyone!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byIllyrienne July 4, 2013

This is not book one. This is book TWO.

This is an amazing book, a must read for everyone. But I hope you all realize it's not actually book 1? The first book in the Chronicles of Narnia is The Magician's Nephew. Read that first. It makes The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe make a lot more sense.
Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2011

Promise a great BOOK!

Try this BOOK! It is about four children (otherwise known as the children of eve and adam) falling into a wardrobe and coming out into a beautiful snowy forest. Help Peter, Lucy, Susan and Edward face dwarfs, centaurs, lions, witches, beavers, and much more exciting adventured filled things!
Teen, 14 years old Written byphantomphan April 9, 2008

Wonderful

A very good book, if slow paced at times.
Kid, 9 years old October 2, 2014

An awesome read awaits you!

Welcome to the land of Narnia. Where fawns and animals roam freely...until the White Witch came. I would recommend this book for readers who love fantasy and adventure. In the story, when Lucy steps through the wardrobe, she finds herself in another world. She then makes friends with a faun named Mr. Tumnus, who tries to conceal that he is working with the White Witch, but is very friendly. When Lucy brings her sister and brothers to Narnia they discover that Mr. Tumnus had been kidnapped! They must find Mr. Tumnus and rescue him. Along the way, they meet a lion named Aslan, some friendly beavers, and the White Witch herself! One reason I love this book is that the words are just like music. C.S. Lewis uses the most fascinating words that when they all come together, it’s just beautiful! Another reason I love this book is that there is so much excitement and adventure to the story. This was one of my favorite books and I hope someday you will read it too.
Kid, 11 years old December 5, 2011

AWESOME BOOK!!!!!!!!

this book is super great to all you haters out there. you should totally get and read the book. super great! too bad the author is dead. thanks :D :P
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2010

HORRIBLE

i thought it was a horrible book i hated it. i really didn't get it.

A MUST READ FOR ALL AGES

I love this book so much i have read it like 7 times. If your into fantasy you will love this book. even if you hate fantasy you will love this book

C.S. Lewis is the best

C.S. Lewis is the best auther there is. he is dead ( i wish he wasnt ) but i think he would proud of this comment. he made all those books for a reason im sure. by what the books are about, i think he is one of the strongest cristian ( besides jesus ) that ever lived!
Kid, 8 years old February 21, 2015

YOU MUST WATCH THIS!!!!!

This is an awesome book (and movie) for age 7 and up. It has some violence, but not too much. Even if your not a big fan of C.S Lewis you will still love this book. Trust me
Kid, 12 years old March 17, 2013

Chronicles Of Narnia, Book 1 My opinion

This is a wonderful novel and the movie is great. This is my favorite movie because it has a underlying message and that is that there is good and evil in this world.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnimalLover_9798 August 1, 2011

What parents should know ( not to offend )

This is a very good book for kids escpecialy if they have a big imagination, i dont think the book is bad influence, this it's what i think abut the "Bad Things".I think many parents are a little too over protective and it's not to violent because it's not like kids don't see violence on the news or out in the real world, and the drug use like drinking and smoking shouldn't be hidden from kids because they'll learn about in school sooner or later, and bad language i understand if you want your kids to hear it or not but teachers do use them and everyone one in the whole world does and if you don't want your kids to hear it, keep them inside the house all day.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTARDIS Tourist December 28, 2015

This fantasy novel is jam-packed with Christian themes.

There are some scary moments the main characters go through and there are so many morals that better the characters. This book is a great way to give young children understanding of the Gospel.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythiesha May 23, 2013

thiesha's intelligent mind

as a young child i think it was good but they need to add more to it an make it more clear
Kid, 11 years old April 6, 2012

Awesome read for kids of ay age!

This book is great! I think that it's appropriate for any kids, but I put 8 and up because I think that that's the age when kids become interested in it. I am now eleven and I have read the books a countless number of times! Good educational value (especially if you're Christian!!), positive messages, AND good role models! All rolled into one!
Kid, 8 years old October 17, 2011

Best BOOK EVER!!

This is a really good book.
Kid, 8 years old September 29, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byCaroline.Pevenzie May 29, 2014

The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe

Now, I would like to remind you this is the second book. Especially Christians would like this because there are many representations of Jesus. But others would like it too.