All parent member reviews for The Lying Game

Parent Written byGaga Fan September 6, 2011

Watch to show for your gulity pleasure fix, vs. reading the book!

The book is much racier than the TV series, which is toned down almost to lameness. *Caution* teens who think the series will mirror the book will be disappointed! Anyway, I'm not sure under 14 year olds are ready to be exposed to "snuff videos" and kinkiness. Definitely for an older teen who is sensible and can distinguish between reality and fantasy and has a good set of values. If your child is reading this for suspense, mystery, thriller value, fine. But if you're concerned she may be looking for role models, beware, these girls (except Emma) are over the top mean and nasty.
Parent Written byCommonSenseParent November 25, 2010

Excellent, well-written read for 6th grade and up

The Lying Game is a well-written guilty pleasure novel that is an enjoyable and entertaining read for 6th grade and up. Kids will enjoy the fun details of the wealthy and privileged. Your children should be smart enough to realize that this is guilty pleasure fiction and should not be taken seriously. A+
Parent Written byhockeymom87 August 6, 2011

Parents can be WAY too over protective

I allowed my 13 year old to read this after I read it. It shows what teens are like in this world today. I think some parents are being wayyyyyyyy too over protective about this book. My daughter said it was at her 8th grade book fair. Teens know more than you think, parents. We need to see what actually happens in high school. I am a teacher so I KNOW!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byspygirlmadison April 3, 2011