All parent member reviews for The Maze Runner: Maze Runner Trilogy, Book 1

Parent Written bysupam August 29, 2013

Evil is fascinating. Want to expose your kid ? Be prepared for "maintenance" or accept the consequences later..

Don't ever let your kid read this book unless you are ready to discuss why kids decide to most atrociously kill their own peer for attempted murder or why your own kid loved to read a description of torture. These are just examples. There is more. If you do buy it, read it before deciding if you still pass it to your kid. By the way, your kid would love the book. Evil is sometimes fascinating. Just be prepared to discuss why this is evil. And the author is clever. More than us, average people. Up to the challenge? Is the risk worth it?
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bystacidar July 27, 2011

Great Dystopian

Really great dystopian with a sci-fi edge. I'm not sure I agree with the common sense review of the book saying that it is more violent than Hunger Games. I don't recall any adults murdering the teens in the open either...
Educator and Parent Written byReaders Rock April 14, 2011

Great action & suspense with a futuristic twist that will intrigue many teens!

I teach high school and my students enjoy this book, especially after reading The Hunger Games Trilogy. The story has teen role models who have similar personalities to the teens of today's world. The use of alternative slang terms are a good way for the characters to express strong feelings without having the actual curse words in them. I highly recommend the story to kids who like action, adventure, sci-fi, or suspense.
Adult Written byunknown person June 2, 2011

unknownperson

The Maze Runner was spectacular. Although it may be a little violent for young readers, it is perfect for young readers. If a film was made from the book, I wouldn't be surprised.
Adult Written byVictor Diniz Rozek November 13, 2013