Parent reviews for The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey

Positive lessons, but more danger than 1st book.

Adult Written byCristina williams September 8, 2020

Great book

Second in the series, still very adventurous, Scary a bit, because Mr. Curtain's,(Mr. Benedict's identical twin brother) soldiers known as Ten men because they can hurt their victim ten different ways. But still good. It does say the ten men curse, but it does not tell you what they said. The youngest member of the society, Constance, they find out she is psychic. Kate did attempt to throw a calulater/bomb at Mr. Curtain and his crew, (that the ten men had set),but then realizes that if she throws it at them, she is as bad as they are, so she through it in the ocean, instead. Another adventure with the society.

Educational Value
Adult Written byMy4sons May 16, 2012

Good series - like this author

My sons really enjoys this series. It is one of the few newer kids series that is actually appropriate for kids.
Parent of a 11-year-old Written by44ys44 October 23, 2010

Great!

Parent of a 17-year-old Written byaynoomouse May 4, 2010

perfect for anyone

in my opinion i think all the series are good:)

Parent Written byRob79 May 8, 2009

More action in book 2

My daughter and I read both books together and enjoyed them very much. The children are resourceful and entertaining, although the premise has some obvious holes. There is more danger and action this time around, but that makes for a more engaging storyline. Nothing to worry about in this book and much to enjoy.
Parent of a 6 and 9-year-old Written byTracy Talesnick November 20, 2008

Enjoyable read!

My 9 year old son and I read this together and thoroughly enjoyed the ingenuity of the children and the pace of the drama near the conclusion. It has great vocabulary and enticing characters that complement one another at each new challenge.