Kid reviews for The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey

Positive lessons, but more danger than 1st book.

Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2020

It's not often the sequel is better than the first book...

Our friends The Mysterious Benedict Society are giving us a real page-turner. If you already love the characters, be prepared: they get better! A lot more suspense, if you thought the first one was a bit slow, you will like this one a lot. As you know if you read the title, our friends go on a journey where they encounter peril. Meet new characters, scenes, and situations. By the end you will be wishing for more! (This may be my favorite book in my favorite series!)

Teen, 13 years old Written byGD NeonWarrior January 22, 2020

Great!

It was a great mystery novel thats great for kids.

Teen, 15 years old Written bylovebooks04 May 24, 2019

Amazing sequel!

There are very few authors who can write novels as exciting as Trenton L. Stewart. From the very beginning, you know it’s going to be good. I listened to it on audio (Del Roy is awesome) and, at some points, was literally jumping up and down and yelling. If you loved the first book, you’re going to love this one. Highly recommend it!

Kid, 10 years old September 21, 2018

AN AMAZING SEQUEL

This is one of my favorite books of all time.I think everyone should read it (it will teach you a lot about your self )

Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2012

Best book ever

This is a great book! I like it the best of the whole series. Some parts put the kids in direct danger, that is half the fun!!
Kid, 11 years old July 28, 2011

Fun but Dangerous

This book is super good. I am reading it right now but I did notice a lot of danger. In the first book it talks about danger, but it doesn't give specifics. In this one, the bad guys talk about pretty harsh punishment. If you or your child is mature enough, I totally recommend this!

Kid, 11 years old June 1, 2011

REALLY GOOD BOOK!!!!!!

I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!! It was just as good as the first. It was a little more violent but not by much. It keeps you hanging after every chapter.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGeorge W. Carver May 19, 2011
This book has the most mind throbbing puzzles which make your children so into the book that I bet you that the only way you could get them away from it was if you lure them away with grandma's homemade chocolate chip cookies! The message of the book is a little hard to understand for the younger children but parents will understand. The characters in the book are as facinating as ever! Especially constance that has the funniest comments EVER! I especially love how Reyine can solve all thoes puzzles. Im pretty good at puzzles mystlf but Reyine is outstanding! Sticky will also be a good model for your children. It would really persuade them to do good in school as it did for me. If you read the book, you might feel uneasy about letting your children meet Kate, but im telling you, no worries. If you didnt let your children meet Kate then I dont know what your thinking! Kate is wonderful and does the best to protect friends. She cares a lot about the people she loves and what do you think about that? Oh, last message ... READ THE BOOK!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written bySafemancam001 February 28, 2011

Exciting Mystory for All ages

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey is a very good book. It is an exciting mystory that all ages will enjoy.
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2010

Fantastical Book!

Love how they figure out clues together!

Kid, 10 years old August 7, 2010

good

This one isn't as good as the other two, but I still love it. I am suprised that common sense didn't say any thing about Sticky's girlfriend.....it's not an issue, but they are usually way more strict than they need to be about that.

Teen, 17 years old Written byDomHoward July 23, 2010

great!

Love it not as good as first though!

Teen, 13 years old Written byimartinez February 10, 2010
It is even better than the fist one.
Kid, 11 years old December 9, 2009

Not THAT violent...just...scary-fun. ;)

I looooove the second one. But it is kind of violent. Not like kill-anyone-violent though. Just normal. Just enough to make you jump. :D. I love the way Stewart makes you so nervous and shaky. It makes the book a real joy to know that they always find a way out.

Kid, 11 years old November 14, 2009

Great Book! Awesome Sequel!

This was an awesome, gripping sequel, though the danger is more intense here. The biggest danger mainly circles areound the "Ten Men" because they have ten ways of hurting you. The thought of that was a little foreboding. Various encounters with the Ten Men are such as a whip that can chip walls, and a laser pointer that can slice through anything. One character is threatened with the laser pointer, which is a scary situation. But it all ends well. I liked this book a lot. Its a great sequel!

Kid, 11 years old November 2, 2009

The Book Really Pulled Me In!

This book is an amazing sequel to "The Mysterious Benedict Society" and I can't wait to read the next book. The violence is mild.

Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2009

Better than book 1 by far.

Personally, I love this book. It's the thrilling sequel to The Mysterious Benedict Society and if this concerns you, yes, it does have some violence. But don't most good books? If you had to choose between a book and The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey, I'd pick the Benedict Society.