Kid reviews for The Opal Deception: Artemis Fowl, Book 4

The Opal Deception: Artemis Fowl, Book 4 Poster Image

A little letdown after first 3

This deserves a 3.5 but that wasn't an option so I gave it a 3. This book was ok. Not the best, not the worst. You should read it though because the later books get better.

Really great read!!!

This was a fantastic read! The kind of book where your hand just has to turn that page! Parents (and kids) should know that a major character does die, although there isn't any blood involved in his death. The only reason for the 8+ rating is that some of the plot twists can get a little confusing. Overall, you really should pick this book up and read!!!

Probably One Of The Best!

I looooove Artemis Fowl. The series is great. I enjoy more than all the Harry Potter books combined! In this fast-paced brilliant action novel, Opal Koboi returns from a coma and wants revenge on anyone who’s wronged her, and Artemis Fowl is at the top of her list... but Artemis can’t take down Opal if he doesn’t even know she exists... he’s been mind wiped and is back to his criminal activities, the People have been erased from his mind. So can Holly bring her old friend back before the end of the fairy civilisation?

Great start from a cliff hanger!!!

As you can tell from the title, this is the 4th book in the series which saved the pressure from people who believed the Artemis Fowl series would end as a trilogy. Artemis Fowl is now a normal teenager who can't recall any memory of the fairies. But now, Opal Koboi, the main antagonist of the series, plans for revenge and a major character DIES, so please be aware of that. As every book progresses, there is violence, so keep that in mind as well. This was a very good follow up to the 3rd book and is one of Eoin Colfer's finest books.

OPAL

Its quite violent from what I can remember it includes missiles, drugs, fistfights, and blood, pulse a death a major character who smokes. female are depicted as strong characters. the most bloody scene is where trolls hunt 2 people. also fairy are high tech and magical. there is gormish swear word d'avrit which is repeatedly use

I Love these books!!!

I am an avid reader, and have been for many years. Out of all the series I have read, the Artemis Fowl Series is one I will always love. I read most of the books when I was 9 and I loved them!!! As I aged, new books came out in the series and I could not put them down!!!! This is a timeless series that I think kids aged 9-12 will LOVE!!! The best part about the books is that I think this series appeals to adults as well as children and teens. I urge you to read this series and I guarantee you will love the books and the characters as much, or more than I did!

Loved it!

Just finished this book yesterday and loved it!! The book should still make sense if you read it before the others, but I definitely suggest reading the books in order. In the book, Opal is hungry for revenge and seeks to kill her old enemies so obviously some violence take place. Nothing too gruesome though and nothing graphic. After a bomb explodes, one major character disintegrates. Two bio-bombs are detonated, though neither reaches its target. Trolls are trolls (which, for those of you new to the series, means destroying everything in their paths). Overall, the book is amazing and I'll likely be reading it again.

Amazing book

In the world of Artemis Fowl nothing is quite as it seams. His brilliant and dangerous enemy, Opal Koboiis back. Artemis has no memory of the fairy people and has returned to his unlawful ways. He is preparing to steal a famous painting from a German bank, having no idea that Opal, has escaped from prison. Now free Opal is exacting her revenge on all those who put her there, including Artemis. Meanwhile in the Lower Elements, Opal has planted a trap for Captain Holly Short and Commander Root of the LEPrechon fairy police. Faced with a world he does not believe in, Artemis may have finally been outsmarted. . . I loved this book and the whole series i wiuld recomend the series to everyone.

It's not good... it's awesome!

This is a great book! I love artemis fowl books. But I hated that Julius died. He was funny. I also like that artemis interacts a lot more. He is forced into action and surprises. This helps him be a better person.

e.g. some readers will love but not all

Opal deception may be violent at some points but not all. Holly and Artemis have to work together even if they're Archenemies. Opal is after her enemy Artemis Fowl and Holly Short tries to save him but she herself gets stuck with Artemis and Mulch Diggums. Its a race to stay alive and to keep away from Opal and her little helpers