Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy February 13, 2013

Very enjoyable.

This is one of my favorite books.I love The Pearl.It's an awesome book.I've read better but this book is still a great book.Sure there is some violence,but it is still extremely enjoyable.I love this book so much.Buy it and read it as long as you want.
Adult Written byBarry L. October 6, 2016

Terrible book

What an awful piece of literature! The whole story is greed , terribly written, awful from start to finish.
Educator Written byJuan P. October 20, 2016

Th Pearl

This is a really good book for ages 11+ because it has a really good conflict about the pearl. Like his father and grandfather before him, Kino is a diver, gathering pearls from the gulf beds that once brought great wealth to the kings of Spain and now provide Kino, Juana, and their infant son. Then, on a day like any other, Kino emerges from the sea with a pearl as large as a sea gull’s egg. With the pearl comes hope, the promise of comfort and of security. The Pearl explores the secrets of man’s nature, greed, the darkest depths of evil, and the possibilities of love.
Adult Written byJEDI micah February 13, 2013

Not as good as Of Mice And Men, but still a great Steinbeck book!

This book has actually appealed to me! It has a nice setting, story, characters, and an easy way to read! The family try to survive when thieves try to take their precious pearl. Will they find a way off their island? Find out and read it!