All teen and kid member reviews for The Pearl

Teen, 13 years old Written byZangoose March 11, 2013

I don't think it's worth the time.

I felt that this book focused too much on the main character having "songs" come up in his mind whenever something interesting happened and that the book had a lot of things mentioning "the gods" and whatnot. The ending is also disappointing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNomacop January 6, 2013

the pearl

a good story, but not outstanding, dont see why its a classic.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus January 16, 2013

Really good!

I read The Pearl for English class and I really liked it! Steinbeck is an amazing author! I love his writing style. The main characters in this book are Kino, his wife Juana, and their baby. He does an amazing job at portraying them as a loving couple and seeing how well they communicate with each other without much dialogue. The story was kind of short and I wish it would have been longer. About a year ago I tried to read The Grapes of Wrath and barely got into it. But now I'm thinking I might go back and try reading it again. Awesome classic book from a timeless author!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviefan115 August 24, 2012

The Pearl

It's such a beautiful book fulled with excellant details and wonderful characters whom the reader falls in love wih. Thank you, John Steinbeck. Spoiler: This book is really drepressing.
Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2016

Terrible in my opinion

It really just dragged on in my opinion. Normally you can't drag me out of a book once I've started it, but I had to use sheer willpower to get through it instead of any enjoyment. Would not recommend.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLibrarymouse June 4, 2015

Ennhhhhh

Just okay. I read it online, which could have been part of the problem, but I found it difficult to stay focused. It was more of a long fable than a book or story. I also didn't notice that someone had died until a few pages later. Whoops.