Kid reviews for The Phantom Tollbooth

Trip to enchanted world excites learning in kids' classic.

Kid, 12 years old March 5, 2012

loved it !!!!

omg.this book is absolutly amazing!!!!it reminded me of alice in wonderland except a little bit less drugy.my sister loved Milo so much that now i have a nephew named Milo.no joke.

Kid, 11 years old November 7, 2011

great book!

i really liked this book. it was great and it's really out of this world and stuff. it's awesome!
Kid, 8 years old April 1, 2012

fascinating book

I think this book is great for 8 year olds that like to read a bit of suspense and chasing around. I feel really fascinated to read on to what is next. Everything in the story is interesting and I am always eager to know everything that is going to happen. This book is very lively and for kids that get really bored a lot, they will get all fascinated and everything when they read this book . This books is about a boy called Milo and he used to be very bored until one day in his room he finds a tollbooth. And he goes to 2 worlds, digitopolis and the other was about letters. So kings of each place are long enemies and Milo tricks both into agreeing to save 2 princesses from a castle above the clouds. After I read it I thought that this book is really good and I also thought that this book is very educational and I feel excited to read more of this author's books. I felt sad for Milo because he used to be very bored. But then I felt happy for Milo because his life became very exciting and full of happiness.
Kid, 8 years old January 6, 2012

Intresting and fun to read!

This book is really good, it is a fun book with a good imagination, there is a watch dog, a giant dog with a watch atached to it's side. lots of good words are used in this book, it is really fun to read, and any kid girl or boy, will enjoy this fun cool classic!

Kid, 11 years old January 6, 2012

imaginative

You need to have a huge imagination to love this book. It also is educational. The words are hard but it is great to learn them! I learned new words and use them in every day life! This is a great book and if you like really out there books this is the one for you!

Kid, 12 years old July 13, 2014

Funny!

This book was really funny, but it used a lot of puns that I'm not sure kids younger than 10 will understand, for example, puns with spelling and phrases like "dessert will be half baked ideas from the half bakery." There is also some mild danger when Milo, Tock and the Humbug are chased up a staircase by demons. However, the puns are funny, and the plot is super imaginative. If you enjoy this, read 'A Barrel of Laughs, a Vale of Tears' by Jules Feiffer, the illustrator of this book.

Kid, 11 years old January 6, 2012

the phantom tollbooth

Kid, 12 years old November 16, 2014

Meh.. Okay

First off, I liked the book. It was really cute and reminded me of Alice in wonderland(which is a much better alternative). But I found that most kids in my class were really bored by it, not be user the plot was bad, but because they were *not* smart. (I mean, had NO idea of the puns, when it's meant for an eight year old.) I would say you could read it, but Alice's adventures in wonderland is much better as a read aloud for an eight year old than this. However, there is some educational value, telling about numbers and such, but not enough to call it an educational book.

Kid, 10 years old January 6, 2012

good book

i think it was confusing and boring at times and hard to figure out but when it is not boring it can become a rreally good book.

Kid, 11 years old August 18, 2016

fantastic book that's well written

The Phantom Tollbooth is a very interesting book about a boy named Milo who embarks on an adventure. The book should definitely not be read under nine because the author uses difficult wording and creates difficult grammatical and mathematical concepts.

Kid, 10 years old January 3, 2016

Boring and Confusing

I read the book and for younger kids, 8 and below it could get confusing with all the word play. I didn't actually like the book and it was kind of confusing.

Kid, 10 years old January 6, 2012

really exiting

it is boring at parts and and at sometimes hard to understand. when it is not boring or hard to understand it is a good funny book

Kid, 11 years old April 20, 2017

awsome

awesome book

Teen, 13 years old Written bylove53 January 28, 2018

Not the best book I’ve read

This book was not very good to me. I do not think people younger than ten should read it because I did not understand it and I’m older than ten. It was very confusing and did not explain everything.