Kid reviews for The Princess Bride

Fast-paced fun, but more intense than the movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written bygilly_boy December 20, 2012

Characters

It's really enjoyable and has high adventure. It does show that life isn't always fair and that I find is really interesting. I've read 175 books, I think... mm, I need to look at my list again, and this is incredible. Buttercup doesn't even realise she's in love until she get jealous of someone else looking. Westley is really cool, I mean he knows Dread Pirate (for those who've read, don't give it away). Fezzik is a cuddle bun and Inigo is a revenge machine.

Teen, 17 years old Written byAGClyde July 16, 2021

An Instant Classic

After so much begging, my sister finally convinced me to read this book. Unlike the movie, it is a bit darker but still delivers. I like the unique format of the writing. It can be a bit violent and suspenseful, but nothing an older kid can't handle. There isn't any sexuality other than kissing. I was rather shocked by the swear words mustered by the young boy. Honestly, I would've soaped his mouth. Overall, this book is a great combination of clean romance, action, and heart with a hint of humor.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeen06 March 18, 2020
This book is really great and will keep you reading for hours but uses a lot of bad language and talks about some inappropriate subjects.
Teen, 14 years old Written byamaze.ana.18 November 14, 2019

It was an interesting book for sure :)

I had to read this for 9th grade. I think it is fun and intriguing! The charters are all different and there are definitely some plot twists!

Educational Value
Teen, 15 years old Written bynathmcke9542 May 5, 2017

Very Suspensful

The Princess Bride is a very suspenseful book. I love how you can never tell what is going to happen next, it really keeps you on the edge of your seat and wanting more. I also liked it when you knew something that the characters in the book did not and you couldn’t know whether or not the character was going to act correctly without knowing the key information that you do know.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLuke Starkiller March 8, 2016

A must-read for fans of fantasy, romance, comedy, or adventure

Kid, 11 years old August 13, 2015

Great Book For Tweens and Teens

I loved this book. I saw the movie (it's now my favorite movie) and I decided to read the book. I think it was excellent.
Teen, 13 years old Written byraykawolf July 29, 2014
Kid, 11 years old May 26, 2014

Great writing, but

This book is a fantastic example of swashbuckling fiction, beautiful words and an amazing tale of swashbuckling adventure. This book is definitely a family read, since several passages (like the torture-machine) should be edited out. This is a fantastic read for older children, although even my littlest brother can quote passages. In a few places, a few LARGER bad words should be skipped over, but this book is a fantastic book with loads of cliffhangers.

Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2014

Can I say that I ABSOLUTELY love this book?! :3

The Princess Bride is a book that changed my life. It is a truly amazing work and I would recommend it to people who understand gore(blood) and higher vocabulary than you think. When I started reading this book, I fell in love with it and could be reading for hours on end without taking a single break. I still kind of hated the part when characters die in the story (especially Westley, even if he revived). This book made my imagination run wild as I read it, as if I was in the story myself, pretending I could be Buttercup the Lovesick Princess or Westley the Epic and Brave Knight.

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byUseursense August 16, 2013

Complete and utter..... AWESOMENESS!!!!!

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a girl who does not like violence, but LOVES romance! This is packed with action, but not a lot of blood. There r some swear words. The b word, s word, d word but that's about it! It is an older book so it is kinda confusing. It's best to read it in a group! Inigo drinks for a couple pages but not that bad to really be worried about it. There is an intense if not FREAKY sword duel between two of the main characters at the end, shows a characters haunting past, a couple kisses between the two main characters, and it's also PACKED with comedy!!!!!! This book is EPIC!
Teen, 17 years old Written bySydnie Chambers December 6, 2012

From an Avid Reader:

This is my favorite book, and before that it was my favorite movie. Here's my argument as to why children at the age of ten should be able to read this book: Let's say Helen and Jason weren't fictional. When Goldman was going to give the book to Jason he was about to turn ten. Now of course if the story that "started it all" was real and Goldman was going to give this book to his actual ten year old son i think he would have thought about this thoroughly. If you really want your child/children to read a great book I think that this could be the one. And even if you don't think that this is is the right time while they're ten, give it to them a few years later. Because I think that they'd really be missing out if you don't.
Also, there are a lot of ten year old's out there in the world that get their daily fix of violence and gore from TV and video games. Don't you think if they were to be exposed to a little bit a violence (which i feel isn't even that bad) wouldn't it be better if it where through a book where you know that hey there might be some violence but at least they're reading.

Teen, 13 years old Written bywolflover November 17, 2011

Amazing Book!

I had no idea that there was a book to the movie, until one of my friends said it was one of her favorite books. She had told me it was much better than the movie, and she was right! it was really easy to read because it was really close to the movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygigla101 March 31, 2011

It's A Classic

This book (and movie) is a classic that people of all ages will enjoy for a long time. Action, Romance, Comedy—It really isn't lacking anything. If you're wondering how old your kids should be to read it, then think about it. If your kid loves Pirates of the Caribbean, they're probably bound to like this book/movie. It really matters about who the child is to know how old they should be before they read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWarriors_Fanatic July 16, 2010
Kid, 11 years old March 23, 2010
I loved it! One of the best books i ever read!

Kid, 10 years old February 18, 2009

Not as good as the film.

like I said in the title.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynumberdomino April 9, 2008

Perfect book for a true romantic at heart or a pirate

Great book for teens but not that much for kids because some of it is a little deep or complex. Awesome book one of my favorites.

I love this book

one of my close friends said i should so read this book. i read it and loved it!! I think that this should be a must read to everyone who likes mythical cretures(R.O.U.S.), romance, and swashbukkling terror it is awsome. I hope you take my advice and read this book.