Kid reviews for The Report Card

The Report Card Poster Image

dumb

Nora is a flat main character. And I think that the portrayal of gifted kids is really inaccurate. This book makes it seem like they're bullies. Also, it makes the point that tests are unfair. That is true in some circumstances, but getting a good grade on a test doesn't mean you're better than others. Plus, it is pretty stupid to say that normal kids are bullied by smart kids. It's usually the other way around. The real competition is sports.

Driven by a protagonist who is simply too righteous to enjoy

This book features an irritating protagonist who is simply too smart to be identifiable. She has an undercurrent of self righteousness throughout her entire narrative, which sways her personality into the realms of sickenly clever. She admires people who work hard. She pities the adults in her life. Ugh. Gag me. It's unbearable to have to listen to someone who is this good, and intelligent, and thought provoking, and wise, when they're still in middle school. She's unrealistic, and simply too, too, pure.This character make this book a nauseating read.

Interesting Premise

This book really made me think of tests and how they are sometimes used unfairly.

this is a great book and i love it

you should read this book it is great to read

GREAT BOOKS

it shows very great role models and i think it's a keeper

Think About It

This book is an ok book. I think the whole elaboration on Noras thoughts was very cheesy and how she kept her genius a secret. If she really wanted to be a genuis she would have told her parents alot sooner and actually tried harder. I aslo didnt really like how andrew clements left her thought proscess the same throughtout the book. she uses the same figuring in kindergarten as she does in fifth grade if you read it carefully. I do like how nora really shows how grades are just stupid assesments for the school to find out how the teachers are teaching and kids get ideas about how stupid/smart that they are. This is not Clements best book, but it is still a good book for those interested in school stories.

The Report Card Good Or Bad?"

hate it !!!!

The Report Card

I like how Nora Thinks of ways to not make kids feel bad about their grades.

~LOVE IT!!!!!!~