All parent member reviews for The Sea of Trolls

Adult Written byGoldenLion February 4, 2011

This is one of my favorite books and I love it

This book is really good. It is educational because it has a lot of Norse myths in it. I've read all three book the land of silver apples and the isles of the blessed are numbers two and three. Me and my friends love this book I highly recommend it. It is suspenseful and action packed and sad at one part. It is one of my top three favorite books. I've read it like 12 times and never get bored of it. My 8 year old sister read it and she loves it.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byMom of tweens October 6, 2010

Great book for a 4th grader!

Sea of Trolls is a very well written book incorporating history and Norse myths. Nancy Farmer has a natural ability to draw the reader in like a story teller of old. She is also able to bring forth complex issues modern people face today.....the ability to see that there is no such thing as pure good or pure evil but many shades of gray. It is easy to forget we are all products of our circumstances/experiences and should really try not to judge people by our first impressions but take the time to understand what has made them into the person we see today.
Adult Written byAuntie Sarah August 25, 2010

Review: THE SEA of TROLLS by Nancy Farmer -- not for the faint of heart.

AuntieSarah.com YR/YA Rating: 7.5 Sheer adventure, rotten mayhem and Viking voyages -- not to mention giant Ice Trolls -- await anyone brave enough to tread the passages of THE SEA of TROLLS by Nancy Farmer. This is a page-turner of the first order, but not for the faint of heart. In these pages, all is lost. And more is gained. (Read full review on AuntieSarah.com)
Adult Written byanonymous808 August 17, 2010

crappiest book ever!!!

hate it!
Parent of a 15 year old Written byhomeschoolmomofzach May 23, 2010

great for non-reading boy, high interest, gruesom enough, 11 and up

This fantasy is a wonderful introduction into viking mythology. My son (now 15) first listened to this book at about age 11. He was not a reader at that time. About 1 year later, it was the first 'big' book he read, then he proceeded to read the next two in the series.
Parent of a 3, 4, and 8 year old Written bywcedmonds May 19, 2010

perfect for adventure readers.

I liked this book however it is questionable for children under 9 or 10. There is some violent fights that describe bloody scenes and monsters.
Adult Written byJujubes December 12, 2009

Even though I'm eighteen, I still found this book, and it's sequel, The Land of Silver Apples, to be engaging, entrancing, and even educational. I couldn't put either of them down, though, of course, I had to, since I'm still in school. i haven't read the third book, the Islands of the Blessed, yet, but I'm sure that it will be just as magical.