Kid reviews for The Strangers: Greystone Secrets, Book 1

The Strangers: Greystone Secrets, Book 1 Poster Image

Pretty Good Mystery, Quality is Iffy

This book was an interesting find, as I am usually more into fantasy or realistic fiction than sci-fi. This book follows siblings Chess, Emma, and Finn and their friend Natalie as they try to find their mother, who had mysteriously disappeared. I really enjoyed it and got hooked early on, as you never knew what was coming next and the whole book was like a giant cliff-hanger. However, I was skeptical of the actual writing quality and did think some of the solutions were on the obvious side. But other than that, this was a fun read and I think this one is also nice for younger kids because the youngest, Finn, feels left out sometimes because the older ones think he can't help. For older siblings, this is good because Chess is constantly trying to protect his siblings and is a little unsure how to cope with the situation sometimes. All in all, pretty good mystery and made me ponder on alternate worlds...

Page turner

The Strangers was a page turner for me. Reading the preview, I just had to get the book. Not only with the mystery indulging the story at the very beginning, but the mystery through the middle. When they do find out, there's danger. Lots of it. A quick summary of this book: 3 kids, Emma, Finn, and Chess Greystone come home and find their mother in shock. A report of kidnapped kids with the exact middle and first names, with the precise birth dates as the kids. Their mother leaves on a business trip abruptly, not giving information as to when she'll come back. She left her kids with a sitter, a stranger who they barely know. After learning what is fake, they find a document left behind. They do exactly what it told them not to. And they find what will change their lives. I thought this book was REALLY good. A few reasons: 1. The mystery swirling the events kept me turning the pages. The uncertainty of what the characters were experiencing. The book didn't have inconsistencies that I spotted. 2. I loved the way the characters processed the information they were taking in. Not only was the way they were doing this realistic, but their reactions were totally understandable. 3. The way characters interacted with each other was so good. I loved watching the dynamic between these siblings, both wanting to protect the youngest, while still sharing information and being uncertain themselves. The dynamic and interaction between the daughter was fun to watch as well. The siblings scepticism that persists through almost the entire book. This book is a wonderful sci-fi full of admirable protagonists, mystery, character dynamic, disappointment, and loss. Margaret Peterson Haddix's The Strangers is a must if you want a page turning sci-fi with mystery and amazing characters.

I read this book when a few years ago and I loved the series. This is a great mystery type of book for younger kids.

YOU REALLY WILL WANT YOUR FAMILY NEARBY AFETR READING THIS PAGE TURNING STORY!

I loved this book! It was such a creepy page-turning story that you will need to clear your schduale before starting! The kids Finn (8), Emma (10) and Chess (12) have such powerful determination and unique personalitys. I would go blind intothis book and try to solve the mystery along with characters. About halfway through the book I feel like the genre even changed! Love this book and you should go read it! Can't wait to read the second in this mini duo!

THE BEST BOOK OF 2020&2021

I havent read a ebook in some time and I decided that i was going to read one book. I picked this one becuase my kindle recommended one to me. I WAS ADDICTED-I what i would say if i wanted to talk in hyperboles, but it was really good. I mean it wasnt one of those thousand pages books that i used to read at night, but it was the best one for this year.

A THRILLER!!

I LOVE this book. It is soooo good! I couldn't stop reading it, and I can't wait for the sequel. It was soo adventurous and thrilling, and I like sci-fi so this was my kinda book;) I love all of Margaret Peterson Haddix' books, like ALL of them, and if you like this you will want, no, NEED to get them to!!

Amazing!

This book was really good. I'm a huge fan of science fiction, and I like math a lot, so if you fit into these categories, you should read it too.

This was truly an amazing book!

This was truly an amazing book! I think the only thing that makes this book 11 and up is that it might make younger kids think about their parent disappearing also if you don't want your kids reading like 3 sentences about Chess having a crush on Natalie.

Not the best

This book was very confusing and I didn’t enjoy it at all there was no challenging words or anything I didn’t know in the book and had to do it for a project in school and couldn’t really complete because there was nothing I didn’t know