Kid reviews for The Supernaturalist

Matinee action/violence in a slick, fun package.

Kid, 11 years old February 20, 2020

An unforgettable experience from Eoin Colfer!!!

I really love all of Eoin Colfer's books and this was definitely no exception. The book starts out with an orphan called Cosmo Hill who escapes and meets a group of people who call themselves the Supernaturalists. They claim to see blue, ghost-like creatures called parasites and Cosmo Hill also saw these creatures. Then, they go on a journey to stop the parasites who put pain into people when they die. There were several plot twists which really seemed big to me and was also very effective into making me want tot find out more. There is some violence as there are several shootings and the death of a MAJOR character. There aren't really any positive messages besides the fact of friendship and trust, however the book does talk about how the orphanage is a bad place and the Supernaturalists steal to live. Therefore i would place the age rating a little bit higher, resulting in a 10 or 11.

Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2018

Not Bad!

I read it a few months ago and I think its pretty good. Theres lots of action and obviously, a twist.
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2010

Some messages are positive, and some are bad, but it's good all around!

This is a very good book. I read it in about 3 hours. however, the message: Teens steal to survive is not that great. also, the Orphanages are very twisted, as I do not think that they are that bad, considering i've never been in one. but, I love the plot, characters, and the big secret towards the end of the book!

Teen, 15 years old Written byPurstiltski7 March 18, 2010

Good for Anyone

This is a good book that moves quickly with lots of action. It doesn't stand out too much in the mind (seeing as this was my second time reading it, and it all seemed new to me), but has what I think are interesting messages, such as what happens when the world becomes very commercial. It's a very good read if you are looking for something that is different, fast-paced, and brings forth dangerous and slightly frightening thoughts about the future. Warning: there is violence in this book, such as shooting, kidnapping, etc.

Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2009

A Must Read

I read this book at my school's library!

Teen, 16 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

OK

It was nothing special, kind of like a movie you see and then forget about the next day, full of action and without a very interesting plot.
Teen, 13 years old Written byarmyman9988 April 9, 2008

a must read book for teens, just what teens want to read!

This was my favorite book, one of my friends read it and told me it was good, then so grandma gave it to me for chistmas! Iv read it about 100 times!
Teen, 15 years old Written byblorg April 9, 2008

great

i think it is a a good book exting and the polt changes that make it exiting and suspensful!
Teen, 13 years old Written bynumberoneMaximu... April 9, 2008

A very good book

This book reminds me of Maximum Ride because of the human and animal testing. Anyways, the main characters all have had a tragic incident and ever since there incidents, they have been able to see blue creatures that appear to put people who are hurt through pain. Hired by a company, the main characters try to destroy the creatures, but only find out that shooting them makes them multiply. Right after finding that out, they realize the company that hired them was evil. There is a bit of violence in this book and one of the characters enjoys drinking beer, I think the book is OK for kids to read.

Amazing Eion Colfer Classic!

This was a really good book! The first one I read of Eion Colfer, which made me want to read others of his! Definatly a great book!

One of the best books ever written!

This book is SOOOOO good! You just have to feel sorry for poor Cosmo Hill.
It seem like ever situation he get into just seem to turn out bad! I cried so hard!

this book made me burn the midnite oil

this book is about a no-sponser boy
named Cosmo. this boy joins the supernaturalists and them together they defeat the parasites. Youll find out more when u litterally read it. i wont spill the beans. hope u enjoy it. o yeah try not to burn the midnite oil its. It really burns u inside.
Teen, 13 years old Written byburnshot April 9, 2008

Good Book!

Good work writing this book I loved it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHermit April 9, 2008

A Must Read

Whether your a preteen or teen, it doesn't matter. The Supernaturalist is a very good book. Plot twists, a bit of mystery, a little bit of teen love = one great read. It shows that not everything is what it may seem like, and I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants a mystery/thriller for pre/teens.