All parent member reviews for The Thief Lord

Educator Written bymegcain16 June 16, 2015
This is a very unique, well-written story. However, the story is more entertaining than educational. Although the author does include some Italian vocabulary, the only strong positive message is sibling loyalty. Unfortunately, this book also paints lying and stealing in a positive light, although in a subtle way.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bybob1233221 October 6, 2010

awsome book

Fantastic!! I read it to my 7 year old daughter and i changed the bad words but it was nice and adventorus. READ IT there is about 6 bad words
Adult Written byscopingforyou April 6, 2009

Surprising!

I love how this author writes. She is descriptive and makes things interesting. Just when you think this book is headed one way, it takes a turn in the opposite direction. For those who have a problem with the stealing, it's not viewed as okay by everyone in the story, so I don't think it will influence someone to start stealing. I do believe, though, that this book is too complicated for children younger than 8 or 9. All in all, this book was a real page-turner.
Adult Written byDREYERWA April 9, 2008

SUPERB WRITING!

Excellent story. The publisher recommended reading is Ages 11-15, which is very accurate. Do not deprive the younger ones from hearing the story, should be read by an adult. The story is set in Italy & it incorporates some Italian in the story (the definitions are provided). My daughter really enjoyed it. I believe this is the author's first book & she hooks you into reading all her other books! Highly recommend Inkhear, Inkspell & Dragonrider. Waiting for the next book from Cornelia!
Adult Written byBookWormForLife April 9, 2008