All parent member reviews for The Thief Lord

Parent of a 10 year old Written bybob1233221 October 6, 2010

awsome book

Fantastic!! I read it to my 7 year old daughter and i changed the bad words but it was nice and adventorus. READ IT there is about 6 bad words
Adult Written byscopingforyou April 6, 2009

Surprising!

I love how this author writes. She is descriptive and makes things interesting. Just when you think this book is headed one way, it takes a turn in the opposite direction. For those who have a problem with the stealing, it's not viewed as okay by everyone in the story, so I don't think it will influence someone to start stealing. I do believe, though, that this book is too complicated for children younger than 8 or 9. All in all, this book was a real page-turner.
Adult Written byDREYERWA April 9, 2008

SUPERB WRITING!

Excellent story. The publisher recommended reading is Ages 11-15, which is very accurate. Do not deprive the younger ones from hearing the story, should be read by an adult. The story is set in Italy & it incorporates some Italian in the story (the definitions are provided). My daughter really enjoyed it. I believe this is the author's first book & she hooks you into reading all her other books! Highly recommend Inkhear, Inkspell & Dragonrider. Waiting for the next book from Cornelia!
Adult Written byBookWormForLife April 9, 2008