Kid reviews for The Upside of Falling

The Upside of Falling Poster Image

Disappointing...

I really don't like to post negative reviews but, in my opinion the sex rating was way too low. There was a lot of mature content, as well as swearing. The idea and premise of the story was cute and fun, but I did not feel comfortable with some of the content. Hope that's helpful!

1 person found this helpful.

Good book, but it’s too short!!!

Okay, this book is amazing! There is swearing and a reference to nudity. And on page 270 there is one sentence where something happens(a character takes the others shirt off) it doesn’t describe anything and it’s an overall clean and easy read. The book is heavily based on divorce and may make your kid think that parents will get back together after a divorce. There is a fair amount of kissing, but nothing too serious. This book is and overall amazing read and can is overall amazing. One more thing- there is talk about affairs and one character being in one. Also a character taking violence to a parent and physically punching the in the nose after they learn something. NO DRUGS OR DRINKING IN THIS BOOK.

1 person found this helpful.

100% Must Read

A good/mild introduction to Teenage Romance. It was a very good book, funny and sweet. I love the idea of fake dating turning into a real relationship. Perhaps a little bit shorter than I would have liked, but other than that I would give this book 5/5.

Mature 13-14+

DO NOT listen to the kids who are saying things like "omg so good read it 10+" It has VERY heavy topics that so TEENS may not be ready for yet. 1. reference to drinking 2. reference to sex 3. divorce. Divorce is something a lot of people can't shake from their minds. I was 4 when my parents got divorced and seeing movies like "The Parent Trap" made me believe things that weren't true. (My parents getting back together) If you think you can read it it's an amazing book. Mature 13-14+

Amazing!!!

The plot was good with a moderate amount of romance. There was nothing highly inappropriate. This was an easy read. I finished it in a day, I couldn't put it down.

I loved it!

This book was so entertaining and fun. The characters' personalities brought the book to life. It was so unexpected when a fake high school relationship turned into reality. I would give this book a 10/10.

Just Amazing

This is definitely one of my favorite books of all time!! It has the right amount of romance as well as family drama. I love how you get to feel two different perspectives so you can understand everything!! Overall a really really good book!!

I think this book was really realistic. The characters were relatable and weren't sappy or gross. As far as romance books go these days, this book was actually really clean. It did swear a few times and did mention other stuff but it wasn't too much. It's the perfect heart-warming book about overcoming the challenges life throws at you.

Cute and lovable

I thought this was a perfect quick read similar to Kasey West books, the characters were interesting and believable, and I was satisfied with the story and ending. It was also nice to read about a jock who isn't a jerk and a nerd who isn't socially awkward, I hate those stereotypes. Throughout the book I found myself smiling and rooting for the characters, so overall it's worth the read. Very little cussing and only kissing, but divorce and serious topics like that are mentioned, so maybe mature 11 year old's, but 12 is a solid age to read this.