Kid reviews for The War I Finally Won

Ada shows courage in riveting English wartime sequel.

Kid, 10 years old November 24, 2017

I

This book showed me how to control yourself. Ada has trouble with her emotions and you see that throughout the story. This sequel is a little inappropriate for little children and I suggest you are at least 12 before reading this book.

Kid, 9 years old January 17, 2018

An Inspirational And Unputdownable Wartime Sequel

This book is amazing! I read The War That Saved My Life recently for the 2018 William Allen White awards voting and was absolutely thrilled to hear of a new sequel coming out. I was just as into this book as I was into the first one-three quarters read by staying up late one night, the rest finished the next morning. Almost everything in this book is perfect- educational value, great messages and role models, no inappropriate content, and so much more. Content is as follows: Educational value: 3 1/2 out of 5 stars for many discussions about the time and customs of the World War Two setting, and some discussions about the religions of Judaism and Christianity. Great messages: 4 out of 5 for messages like treat people fairly based on their religion, work hard to get what you want, always have trust in other people, be grateful for what you have, help the people who need help, do the right thing even when it is difficult. Great role models: 4 out of 5 stars for characters that follow all the things in the great messages section and who persevere always and work hard to get what they want. Violence: There is some talk about the war and Hitler’s hatred of Jews, but this still gets a 0-1 rating. Sex: None. Language: One character says, but doesn’t use any inappropriate words in, that she doesn’t approve of Jews in her house and won’t let them do certain things and go certain places in her house. Some insults. 1 out of 5 rating in this. Consumerism: 1 out of 5 for talk about and the usages Of rationing Cards. Drinking/drugs/smoking: None. This book has a wonderful prose, setting, suspense level, writing technique(s), great use of vocabulary, setup, and so much more. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and have recommended this book and the first to a bunch of my friends and relatives, and some are already reading it. I hope everyone enjoys this book as much as I did. This book inspired me and taught me several lessons, including learning about how to control your temper and make appropriate apologies when you do something wrong, and the book inspired me to do my best as well as stand up for what is right, even when there are certain people or things that don’t want you to succeed. I have also read Kimberly Brubaker Bradley’s book called Ruthie’s Gift, which I enjoyed thoroughly and read very quickly as well. I look forward to reading Jefferson’s Sons and any other Kimberly Brubaker Bradley books I can find. She is one of my new favorite authors and one of the few authors where I can pick up a random book by her off the shelf and have no doubt that the book will be positively amazing. Many of her books, I see, have amazing ratings already. Sometimes sequels to books aren’t that good and kinda disappointing but Kimberly Bradley definitely knows how to get readers going and enjoying everything she writes as much they did as the last book by her they read, like she does with this. This author will be getting some fan mail from me very soon and her characters are destined to become highly popular characters interesting world of children’s fiction. I, in fact, searched several library catalogs to find this book was not available, and there was only one copy left at Barnes and Noble when I went, and that’s the copy that I ended up buying. I was amazed to see the popularity of this book when I first searched the library catalogs, but wasn’t at all surprised with this book’s popularity when I finished reading it. I am glad to see this author already won several awards and I hope The War That’s Saved My Life wins this years William Allen White Award because it is a nominee and I’m probably going to vote for it and I think you should too. Some books are so amazing I have so many words for them and I don’t even have places to put them all, so Common Sense Media is one of the few places where I do have enough space for those words. Everyone should read Kimberly Brubaker Bradley’s novels, and, I hope they will, enjoy them as well. High five to the author currently on my Top 10 list of favorite children books authors!

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written bylauren122807 August 24, 2018
In this book Ada gets her foot fixed. It talks about her mom and friend's brother dying.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMayberry June 15, 2018

The War I Finally Won

I love this series. World War II lovers, this is for you.

Educational Value