Kid reviews for The Wide Window: A Series of Unfortunate Events, Book 3

The least subtle book thus far in the series.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySuddenlySeymour April 9, 2008

Hilarious!

I am a HUGE Lemony Snicket fan and I DEFINETELY recommend this book, it is hilarious, but a little bit predictable.
Kid, 9 years old June 4, 2014

great

Teen, 14 years old Written byMillyMolly December 30, 2010

Just finished reading it...

and its great like the others

Teen, 13 years old Written byYaBoiBILbo October 31, 2018

Gripping

I started reading this book without reading the first 2 others at the start of the series.But I have watched the film and series,so I didn’t need to read the first 2 . I picked this up when I was bored, I was instantly gripped , it’s written in large print so it’s an easy read. The plot is simple but surprisingly Gripping. ( SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING)The only violence is when Thr orphans guardian gets EATEN ALIVE BY LEECHES. But their is no gruesome detail.Good read! Oh and also this book has a bunch of word definitions which is cool.

Kid, 9 years old February 7, 2018

Every book in the series should have 5 stars, not just the first one!

The Wide Window is yet another amazing book in this series! I don’t know why the only book in this series I’ve seen so far on Common Sense Media That is rated five stars is the first one, because all the books deserve five stars! This series is a must read for every bookworm. Some of the topics are mature for kids under age 9+ or 10+, partly because some of the sadness and violence, but mature kids should be able to handle this book on their own. It’s a great book to be shared. This book has just as much suspense, great characters, educational value, and originality as the first two books in the series. This is a page turner that will keep readers hooked! Some violence, but it’s still totally awesome.

Kid, 10 years old November 2, 2011

a good book

Other people should read this book because it a good book. Ex when they give you a gramer lesson, but also there are some bad thing too ,like they steal a boat, and there is a little hitting and bitting witch the kids mostly do and that might get the kids scared.

Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2014

The Wide Window (A Series of Unfortunate Events) book 3 REVIEW

After Count Olaf got away from the crime scene of Uncle Monty's murder, the Baudelaire orphans went to live with their Aunt Josephine in a resort town. Since it wasn't summer and the resort wasn't open, they were pretty much the only ones there. Count Olaf once again attempted to steal their their fortune in a sailor disguise. He called himself Captain Sham and despite the orphans' warnings, Josephine fell in love with them. Then when they were alone, the count forced Josephine to write a suicide letter concluding that the children were to live with Capt. Sham (Count Olaf).

Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 April 22, 2011
Aunt Jospheine's grammar may educate young people, but the usual mild violence. The Baudelaires stick together. (Spoilers!) Count Olaf has Josephine write a suicide note, but she hides a message in it. At the end he kills her by throwing her to leeches who eat her.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysillycomb March 22, 2011

best for 6th graders

Better than The Reptile Room as a sequel. I rated this iffy for just age 10 because of the leeches causing death and Olaf pushing Aunt Josephine.

Teen, 13 years old Written bynickchick15004 December 31, 2010

BEST EVER

LOVE the series!

Kid, 12 years old October 20, 2009

Teen, 15 years old Written byfairiequeen1897 April 9, 2008

I lost 6 brain cells reading this!

I didn't really enjoy reading this becaisse the author kept on talking about himself and what the words mean so it didn't really seem like a story it was more like a grammar source with a story to go along with it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynintendo_freak_13 April 9, 2008

Bravo!

We last left the three orphans watching Uncle Monty's reptiles being taken away, not a very cliff-hanging ending. Fan's of the series will want to move onto the next book though: The Wide Window. The three orphans move in with very cautious Aunt Josephine, who's house is dangerously built above Lake Lachrymose. A catchy storyline. I strongly recommend it.