All parent member reviews for The Wishing Spell: The Land of Stories, Book 1

Parent Written byrosiegirl November 27, 2012

Skip it.

It is true that books that take a new look at characters are popular these days. But this is not a well written one.
Educator and Parent Written bytlclibrary August 26, 2013

Page Turner

This is an awesome book! My son Ryan really enjoyed it! I never knew Chris Colfer, a main character in glee, could write. It was an very exciting and overall good book.
Adult Written byHazelCabrahan March 9, 2015

It was just so amazing and creative!

I really enjoyed reading the book though I've just finished reading the Wishing Spell and is now in the middle of The Enchantress Returns. For sure the readers will enjoy reading this book if you will not just take a big deal about some of the violent struggling scenes of Alex and Conner because the author had delivered it to be not too frightening for the kids. I just love how the author put a more interesting story about fairy tale characters and even linking many of them creating stories that were never told in common. The part where the twins discovered that their grandmother was Cinderella's stepmother was very awesome. Reading a book with the concept of linking our world to another dimension is so soothing and relaxing. Just wow! Congrats to the author and thanks for writing such a nice story not just for adults but for kids too.
Adult Written byBlackSheep2205 April 20, 2015

Parent of a 10 year old Written byyvonne17 April 2, 2015

Great book.

My 10 year old son read this book on his own, and the entire series has become one of his favorites. I think it would also be a good book for parents to read to their younger children aged 8 and up.