Kid reviews for Three Cups of Tea

Uplifting true story adapted for younger readers.

Teen, 17 years old Written byKabir chy January 22, 2020

Educational Value
Kid, 10 years old August 7, 2010

loved it

I loved this book! I was really touched.I thought it would be boring, but it wasn't.

Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2010

Brilliant!

It was an AMAZING book. It made me cry and it got me thinking. It shows us that we are all so lucky, even when we think we don't have much. It reminded me that I should be grateful to have food on the table and a nice warm bed. I immediately joined a group to save up money for Pennies for Peace. I say 'on for 9 and up' because thats when kids can really savor it and understand it. A great book!

Teen, 14 years old Written byAlinaW. March 19, 2010

Awesome messages trump dullness at times . . .

The story of Greg Mortinson and his pursuit to eventually build a ton of schools in Pakistan is a great one, but if you're over 12, I'd suggest that you read the actual version of Three Cups of Tea. It's a little more factual, and can get a bit boring at times as they describe the building process a little too extensively, etc. but it's generally a great book with a great lesson. There's a little bit of talk of sex, violence, etc. but nothing mature tweens and teens can't handle. An awesome story and an awesome man in this book.
Kid, 10 years old November 8, 2009
I really love this book, but may be scary.

Educational Value
Kid, 9 years old March 5, 2009

What IS it like to live in Pakistan?

I really enjoyed this book. It is about a man's mission to help the world by educating kids in Pakistan. I think this book is good for kids 8 and up to read to themselves if they are good readers or kids 7 to be read to.