Parent reviews for Three Times Lucky

Funny mystery with spunky girl touches on serious themes.

Parent Written bytor1204 October 11, 2014

Great for the heart!

I think Three Times Lucky is a classic! It is one of those books that everyone should read at least once. The characters are not stereotypical, and they are worth getting to know. There is a murder, but it is not graphic at all. There is also a father who drinks too much, but the children learn how to deal with him.

Positive messages
Adult Written by3galfam January 25, 2016

Three Times Terrible

I read this book for 5th grade Battle of the Books. This book was too scary for me. I would not recommend this book for kids under 15!

Adult Written byyo yo yo fritz April 30, 2015

Drinking, drugs & smoking
Parent Written bysachiap February 19, 2015

Bad!

This book is not for kids. We wonder why kids are the way ther are. If you wanna teach your kids to be abusive and drunks and call others names. Yeah read it but if your a parrent who cares what there kids take in. Than dont allow it. I cant believe the school system allows this. This is why my kids will be home schooled.

Drinking, drugs & smoking
Educator Written byKathleen C. February 5, 2017

Great Read

A beautifully written, thoughtful adventure/mystery story. While there are some mature themes (murder mystery, alcoholic/abusive parent), they are handled tactfully. Kids will love the main character Mo, her sidekick Dale, and the whole cast of characters in Tupelo Landing.