Kid reviews for Thunderhead: Arc of a Scythe, Book 2

Sci-fi chiller ups the action, twists in fast-paced sequel.

Teen, 13 years old Written byReticulatus March 13, 2018

Good

There is lots of violence, but it is good for anyone that is a strong reader if you like a dystopia book

Kid, 12 years old January 30, 2019

Thunderhead

I think this book is as good as the first book(Scythe) if not better. With Rowan on the run and Citra becoming a great Scythe. Just as action packed as the first book I also highly recommended it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRARAReyna June 29, 2018

Thunderhead

Thunderhead is the second book in the Arc of the Scythe series (the first book is called Scythe). Thunderhead is a great book set in a dystopian future where humans can only be killed by acid, fire, being eaten, explosions or Scythes, professional killers who kill to prevent the world from being overpopulated. Thunderhead teaches about corruption, death and that not everything is black or white. Also the AI called Thunderhead, the sum of human knowledge that controls all but the Scythedom and the births of humans, isn't evil, which is a nice change. In the book, Rowan, a failed Scythe apprentice, hunts and kills corrupt Scythes. In Arc of the Scythe, Scythes have ten Scythe commandments: "Thou shalt kill. Thou shalt kill with no bias, bigotry, or malice aforethought. Thou shalt grant an annum of immunity to the beloved of those who accept your coming, and to anyone else you deem worthy. Thou shalt kill the beloved of those who resist. Thou shalt serve humanity for all of thy days, and thy family shall have immunity as recompense for as long as you live. Thou shalt lead an exemplary life in word and deed, and keep a journal of each and every day. Thou shalt kill no scythe beyond thyself. Thou shalt claim no earthly possessions, save thy robes, ring, and journal. Thou shalt have neither spouse nor spawn. Thou shalt be beholden to no laws beyond these." The main characters are Citra Terranova/Scythe Anastasia (Scythes take the names of historical people, their "Patron Historic", for example, Cleopatra, Mandela, Curie, Prometheus, et cetera) and Rowan Damisch/Scythe Lucifer (while not an ordained Scythe, the Scythedom has given the notorious black-robed Rowan this nickname). Black robes should not be worn by Scythes. The only religious beliefs in the world of Thunderhead are the beliefs of the Tonists. There is a lot of violence in Thunderhead, however I don't remember smoking or drinking. There are some swearing and sexual content. Thunderhead is one of my favourite books and I highly recommend it. I greatly look forward to The Toll.

Teen, 13 years old Written byian at sels February 14, 2019

Best book ever I can not wait to read the next!

The book Scythe by Neal Shusterman is a action packed book filled with excitement and sorrow. The main characters Rowan and Citra have to face numerous challenges, and most are really hard for them to accomplish. 1 of the trials is they each have to glean or in other words take a life. This story takes place in an era when humanity has conquered death so Scyths need to be trained and placed to glean or kill people around the world, so earth's population does not over grow. That being said Citra and Rowan have been chosen by Scythe Faraday to be his ss! I will suggest it to age 13 and up because the book revolves around death. apprentices but when Scythe Faraday retiers Rowan and Citra are seperated with really different Scythes. This book will leave you hanging off a cliff with every sentence. This book you can't miss. Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman