Kid reviews for Tiger Eyes

Powerful novel examines teen's world of grief.

Based on 1 review

Kid, 12 years old May 10, 2013

Really gets you thinking.

Breathtaking, read this for novel study in the 4th grade, Almost baled my eyes out during the first few chapters, Having to deal with her father tragic death and many other things this book is exceptional, not a dull moment. One of the best Judy Blume books, Clearly. Anyone under 10 won't get the content I read it at ten and it was okay read it agin at 12 and Loved it so much read it in an hour tops.

Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2013

Tiger Eyes

This book is very good. . . and very sad. The only things that you should know about before reading is just that Davey (the main character) describes a very violent event, and Davey's friend, Jane is drunk most of the time. I really enjoyed this book, and I think you will, too.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybrendapineda05 May 1, 2016

Book review

Tiger Eyes is set in Los Alamos , Mexico and deals with the main character Davey Wexler. Davey is the narrator of this story, she is 15 years old and lives with her mother and younger brother. Davey is having a hard time passing through her father's death. Her mom decides that they are going to Los Alamos ,Mexico with there aunt Bitsy for a while. Davey meets a Native American guy named Wolf. Wolf helps Davey get passed her father's death because he is going through the same thing. Davey gets tired of her mom being depressed . Davey's mom decides to go back to there home to start a new life. I don't now how it feels to lose my father , but I lost a very important person which was my aunt. I can relate to her pain and anxiety. This is a really good book it gives a good message and most people can relate to it. My favorite part was when Davy went down a canyon and strated crying for her father, My favorite character is Davey because she is strong .My least favorite part is when wolf's dad dies.I would change the the part where Wolf leaves. I would recommend this book to people who is going through a hard time .this book has a great message. I would rate this book a 4/5.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymeomya14 September 17, 2014
Kid, 11 years old October 28, 2013

Okay For Mature Tweens

Great story about moving on from tragic situations with a little help from a friend in a similar situation. I am a big fan of Judy Blume's work, and this is one of my favorite works of her's. This book is great, and I think that is okay for mature tweens who aren't afraid of blood and violence. Very good story with positive messages about healing and not hiding from grief and sensitivity.

Teen, 14 years old Written bykidteen December 14, 2018

For mature kids only

This book is for mature kids who can handle things that should be well understood at an age 13+. This book doesn't have explicit sex scenes but does have some foul language. This book should not be read by the eyes of kids who don't completely understand the idea of sex, depression, or any type of mature content. Im 14 and this book taught me what kids my age can go through.