Kid reviews for Tokyo Ever After

Tokyo Ever After Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Ticket to Tokyo

I read this book shortly after I had turned 11 and it was amazing. I received this book as an 11th birthday present and chose to read it thinking that it would be your typical princess story (normal girl figuring out that she’s a princess then adoring life as one). I couldn’t have been more wrong. Warning:some spoilers:This book is beautifully written and the main character (Izumi) has such a powerful voice and is not afraid to step outside of the box. She learns all about Japanese culture and language (she once confuses the words “oppai” meaning breasts and “ippai” meaning full)and persists through the highs and lows. Her relationship with Akio is dynamic . Kisses are shared between the two but never described. In the middle of the book Izumi get’s drunk with her cousin at a bar.By the end she realizes that she doesn’t have to be either American Izumi or Japanese Izumi, she can be both.

1 person found this helpful.

A page turner

A very heartwarming novel, also very heart warming! :) Would recommend this book to anybody. I'm not the biggest fan of (semi) realistic fiction but, this book was a pleasure. Izumi is a great character to compare with. This book almost makes you feel like your in the book itself!

An awesome book for teen-rom fans!

This is officially my favourite book its an amazing book i would totally recomend!

Woah!

A great book, was an absolute delight to read. It was a royal coming of age plot. From the opening pages to the very end i was thrilled.