Parent reviews for Toys Go Out

Playful, inventive stories starring oddball toys.

Based on 1 review
Parent of a 3 and 7-year-old Written byakalisek October 11, 2018

Absolutely Precious

An absolutely precious story for both children and parents. The complexity of the relationships and characters in this story are so well done. This is not a fast action/adventure, but there is plenty suspense; even more so for those who love animals (and especially stuffed animals). It's by far one of my favorite books my son and I have read together. Magical in its simplicity. A wonderful story about friendship and how we all deal with conflicts, disagreements, and fears. We've read the other two in the series, and my 7 year old son has re-read it now on his own about 3 times. We're even going as Lumphy and Stingray for Halloween this year!
Parent Written byJen B. August 6, 2018
Parent of a 8-year-old Written bywaterlilies May 31, 2011

Family Favorite

A hilarious, heartwarming story. This is an all-time favorite of my 8-year-old's and mine. Honestly, the first time we picked it up we didn't love it and only got through the first chapter. So glad we gave it another shot, though. We've since listened to it on audio book & reread it several times. We've even given copies away as gifts. Love it.

Adult Written byelainem April 9, 2008

Charlotte's Web with toys instead of farm animals!

This is the most charming book I have read in a very long time. The characters reveal themselves quickly as "people" to know and discuss and, sometimes, emulate. I am a school librarian and I am recommending this book to all teachers and will be reading it aloud to all my third graders.
Adult Written byspot April 9, 2008

Adorable and Funny for the whole family

Our first-grade level reader son read this book out loud to Mom and Dad. It was a challenge for him, but he understood all the humor and was engaged for the whole story. He couldn't wait to find out what would happen next. He loved the part about 'submarine' messages - exactly something he would say! As adults we found the story funny and engaging as well.