All teen and kid member reviews for Treasure Island

Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn August 1, 2009
This book is awful. Completely boring all the way through. It is the worst book I have ever read, and that is saying a lot.
Kid, 10 years old November 15, 2009

Yohoho!

I loved this. I think it is best for kids aged 10 and up. Not because of reading content (considering how young you can be nowadays for this sort of violence) but for vocabulary and reading level. Why? This book uses old fashioned language and sailing words, plus it is slower to start then more recent books.
Kid, 10 years old August 21, 2009

really good

Really good classic book
Teen, 16 years old Written bykenter22 December 18, 2012

Heych

Did not understand what was happening at all. For all I know it could have been fifty shades of gray.
Kid, 10 years old March 6, 2015

Amazing book!

My favourite from Robert Louis Stevenson. It's a thriller! Great for any age, I read Treasure Island in a Great Illustrated Classic's version. Makes tons of sense. It's a must read!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2010
This was SO boring to me , i wouldnt recomend it to ANYONE . AT ALL !
Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2014

Boring/ Horrible

Hi, my name is Taylor Duncan, and I had to read this for English Class and I couldn't even read it. This book was so boring please don't even try to read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobertk July 17, 2010

Great Book

Great book. Read it twice!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 13, 2009

Kids won't want to read it if they don't have to

I read this as an assignment for English, believe you/me I wouldn't have read this on my own. But I'm glad I did, this book is basically the foundation for all the pirate-hunting-for-treasure scenarios you see so much in TV, movies, books, etc. It drags during the "My Sea Adventure" section enormously, and the language is all pirate-y, surprisingly no swear words. I recommend it.
Kid, 11 years old August 22, 2010

confusing for kids

trust me, no kid would want to read this. i have to, for this school year, and it bores me to tears. I just dont like the actual words, because its all sailing and old fashioned grammar. I'm 11, and i get very confused. it does help to read an old classic, and to learn about all the pirate stuff tho.
Kid, 12 years old June 6, 2016

Very boring - not for me

we have been reading this book in school and it just doesn't make sense and is very boring. I do not recommend this book to anyone.
Kid, 11 years old September 25, 2011

best book

I think it was one of the best books I read