All parent member reviews for ttfn: The Internet Girls, Book 2

Parent Written byCarolC 1 June 5, 2015

Disturbing

Every page I turned to in this book was inappropriate. It makes me wonder about the author. What adult enjoys writing such trash. Just because this stuff happens in life doesn't mean it's good reading. Brian development regarding making good decisions doesn't form until later (late high school), so having a middle school student read this book is not a good idea. If you think your middle school student needs to learn or discuss these life situations (masturbation, buying drugs, oral sex, etc), then talk to them.
Parent Written bymom4girls January 15, 2012

Complete trash - a mom's review

This author ought to be ashamed of herself. All I had to do was open to ANY page in this book and found sex, drugs (pot and cocaine), belittling of parents and other authoritative figures, and the immaturity of putting down God, religion and being a Christian. This is everything you don't want your tweens/teens to be. The author has used the vulnerability of kids at this time in their life, in order to pull them in and make money off of this book. In one word: disgusting. This book is a waste of time for anyone at any age. This is not quality material - just TRASH!! I always preview the books my daughter is going to read, but unfortunately a friend gave her this book while at school and she had already read half of it before she got home. Thanks, Lauren Myracle for taking away a little more of my child's innocence than I wanted to right now! The only people who are probably going to give this book a good review, are the young girls who read it, who are too young to know any better. Parents beware of this book and this author! Never again will one of her books be allowed in our home.
Adult Written bydubstepwolf October 21, 2011

Slow down, it's fine. It won't mentally scar your kids. Trust.

Okay, I'm 19 now but I read this book as a freshman in high-school. First off, I never had sex or did drugs. I read this book, did that change anything? No. It's a good book about teens who face everyday problems, and some big ones. I honestly think it's silly for parents to want to conceal this book from their children. If your girl is 14, let her read it. I didn't lose my virginity until I was 18, this book didn't change that. I was still the same person I was after I read it. lol. I read this book and came out fine, and now I'm doing medicine in college. So trust me, just let your kids read.
Parent of an infant, 18+, and 18+ year old Written byAppropriate Father September 23, 2013

DON'T READ THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very inappropriate book. Involves all of the sexual stuff, like orals, and anals. NEVER READ!!!!!
Parent Written byDJS8503 November 19, 2012

Don't be fooled

Packaged for kids in bright colors with charming emoticons, I was shocked and disgusted when I discovered my 9-year old had read most of this book...and that was checked out at her middle-school's library. It's full of very inappropriate situations, sex, profanity, drug use, etc, etc. I would not recommend this- especially for anyone under 16.
Adult Written byFilmManiac May 9, 2012

Mature book may need to be looked over before giving it to young teens

Adult Written by#1 nugget August 24, 2011

Honest Abe

This book is perfect for young adult or older teens. I read this book myself and thought, why would this be in the teen section at the library? This book does contain some sexual intercourse, drugs, and christian holiness. Parents if you see that your teen is reading this book don't assume their having sex. Talk to them, don't be a stranger, be a parent.
Parent of a 2, 5, 12, and 15 year old Written byMommy to Mom April 9, 2011

Perfect for tweens, but not for kids younger than 10

I think that TTFN is a wonderful book. Even though Bridget, my daughter, hates when I read her books before i give them to her, it helps her relate to real life. It also made her very mature. She has all of the books in this seris and will never stop rereading.
Adult Written bybubble lover November 1, 2010

good for 12 and up

i love this book this book is so awesom i got them when i was 12 nd ya i read them they r funny now i know what to expect from some people in high-school
Parent of a 16 year old Written byet67 October 17, 2009
Educator Written bydives December 15, 2008

Great book for middle schoolers

After reading ttyl and ttfn, I have a very different impression, and find your summary misleading. Even though the topics you mention come up, they come up within a context of three girls who are close friends and are trying to figure out how to deal with some of the very real and complicated situations of their lives. When one of the three considers participating in questionable behavior, her friends do not support those bad choices, nor do they remain silent. They are there to encourage her to make better choices. Instead of encouraging dangerous actions, they openly point out factors the one is not considering, and model how to be true friends. Their conversations express realistic topics students in middle school grapple with, and when one of them might start to make bad choices, in this YA novel, there are bad consequences that follow. These characters live within today's world, and yet remain supportive and concerned for each other. Poor choices are not romanticized or glorified. I highly recommend it for all middle school readers.
Adult Written byjpjennison April 9, 2008
Adult Written by6tu7e April 9, 2008
Adult Written byfroggyeyes53 April 9, 2008

(A must-read book for every 11-14 year old.)

Every one from th age 11-14 and even parents should read the book...It gives a good lesson on life for all ages...
Adult Written bySally Mander April 9, 2008

Dumb or dumber?

When there are so many quality books for teens, why would anyone spend time or money on this drivel? This series is primarily written as text messaging and focuses on girls bullying one another while their lame parents are poor role models--duh!
Adult Written byRosemary416 April 9, 2008

Borderline ponography

Maybe I am a prude, but I do not think this book is appropiate. In the 1st 27 pages the girls talk about very intimate sexual stuff and about a teacher getting a "stiffie" because he looks at the girls boobs. I also thought it was poorly written. No Depth or texture. I'm not letting my 12 yr old daughter read it and I am warning my daughters friends partents about it.
Adult Written byscandell April 9, 2008

NOT appropriate for TWEENS or young TEENS!

This whole series is BAD, because it LOOKS young, but discusses in great detail very many situations that are only appropriate for much older kids.