All parent member reviews for Tweak: Growing Up on Methamphetamines

Adult Written byEmilyyasss May 18, 2015

Amazing Book

This book does have a lot of drugs and other inappropriate things but what the main review author forgot to mention was the positive moralities this book concludes. Nic overcomes his drug addiction many times and fails many times. Towards the end of the book he is counseled and able to feel emotions again; able to realize his faults. No one around him trusts him anymore, but they still love him. It's a beautiful story about how we slowly builds his life together even though he has been through the worse situations a person could imagine.
Adult Written byayoitskaren July 1, 2010
Parent of a 17 year old Written by3v1lchr1s December 16, 2009
Adult Written bytwistofcain August 20, 2009
yeah theres a lot of drugs and bad stuff but the point of the book is to explain how those thing negatively effected his life so i think in the end it's a good message to not do meth
Adult Written byr3sid3ntevi1 June 12, 2009

You Will Freak Over Tweak

Tweak is just one of those books that draws you in from the start. Nic Sheff's experiece with drugs is a very interesting and yet horrific experience. The story is about the author Nic Sheff who relapses on Crystal Meth. He has many brutal and explicit experiences during his experiences on drugs. But i wont spoil the story. Nic Sheff has a very natural voice that is very easy to get use to. After a while you get a sense that you are in Nic's head. He is very graphic in his choice of words but it is just his way of being honest. His raw and yet realistice voice makes this book even more of a keeper. He is a great Author that fills in all the aspects of a memoir and then some. I think it is one of the best books I have ever read And I recomend this book to anyone who is curious to read it. But be warned that the graphic nature o the book must be taken into consideration. Overall it is top notch.
Educator and Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byLiz Perle April 9, 2008

Really tough stuff. Not for young teens.

This book absolutely requires that a parent dip into it before buying it for their teens. It's tough and raw and upsetting. And a parent will have to commit to discussing the subject matter and events with their kids to make sure that they focus on the message and not get lost in some of the more prurient details.
Adult Written byiluvmedia April 9, 2008

This book should be cello-sealed in stores ...and left there

When I picked up this book I thought it was going to start with the requisite sordid details and develop into a book of hope, personal redemption, etc but instead, I was shocked to find the graphic sex, drugs, violence, etc was still filling the pages when I gave up half way through. This book is x-rated and if anything will fasinate rather than instruct. The images leave one nauseous - sort of like the book on The Sharon Tate... Reading this book you have to wonder - is Nic still an addict!
Parent of a 10 year old Written bynedall April 9, 2008