Kid reviews for Tweak: Growing Up on Methamphetamines

Tweak: Growing Up on Methamphetamines Poster Image

Truth of Meth addiction

It reveals the actual truth of this stuff. I've hung around that crowd and done meth myself so I can affirm it to be quite realistic

Amazing but has mature content

This book blew me away! There is sex as in gay orgy and girlfriends. Violence includes overdosing. Lots of drinking, smoking, sex but also a story of never quitting and a loving dad who also bails his son out. I depend on the teen who is reading the book.

Heartbreakingly beautiful

let me start off with saying that this book is definitely worth reading ! tweak is a biography about nic sheff and his struggles with drug addiction. obviously there is a lot of drug talk and self destructive behavior but all teens should read this at some point to see how dangerous drugs are and how they can make the most aspiring wonderful person into a depressed wreck. this book is really heavy and talks about drugs in detail so if you’re fragile or if you’re a parent who isn’t comfortable with their kids reading about detailed drug abuse then stay away from tweak but seriously this book is incredible especially since it’s a true story. if you liked this book i recommend beautiful boy! it is the father (david sheff) ‘s side of the story.

Tweak

This book has a very large amount of drug and sex references. As a mature 15 year old, I understood this book was about a man trying to change his life around. But anyone who is under 15 should never read this, and only 15 if they are mentally mature enough to understand it.

I liked it.

Amazing Book

People say this book shouldn't be read by young teens but people should also see how kids can learn from this. this kids i go to high school now are like Nic and are going down his road. Reading this could make a big impact on their lives.

tweaklover

love ittttt!

I'm 17 years old and I read tweak for the first time and I absolutely loved it. I fell in love with Nic Sheff the first time I read his dad's book "Beautiful Boy" and they were also on the Oprah show and Nic was just a troubled teen like the majority of teens this generation. I believe that parents should not shelter their kids from what is really out there and preteens and teens should be more aware of their surroundings and how to prevent it. If I would have read this book when I was 13 it would have woken me up to what was happening to some of my fellow students and to have more sympathy for them. People who use drugs are usually not weird or social misfits it can be anyone that doesnt match up to the standard "druggie" profile. This book teaches various life lessons but it taught me to be more sympathetic to those who are suffering and don't feel like they will ever amount to anything. There is hope for everyone and sometimes it can be a little difficult to see that.

and eyeopenerr!?

all i can say is nic sheff is amazing he is inspiring the book is negitive at one point but gets very positive; he finds himself withought being high and its great it really is an eyeopener and it does kinda scare me; i will never do meth; and reading this book is one of the reasons.. [: GREAT!