All teen and kid member reviews for Tweak: Growing Up on Methamphetamines

Teen, 15 years old Written byTatianaTaylord June 13, 2012

I liked it.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycitykid96 June 9, 2011

Amazing Book

People say this book shouldn't be read by young teens but people should also see how kids can learn from this. this kids i go to high school now are like Nic and are going down his road. Reading this could make a big impact on their lives.
Teen, 17 years old Written bynic010 July 12, 2010
I'm 17 years old and I read tweak for the first time and I absolutely loved it. I fell in love with Nic Sheff the first time I read his dad's book "Beautiful Boy" and they were also on the Oprah show and Nic was just a troubled teen like the majority of teens this generation. I believe that parents should not shelter their kids from what is really out there and preteens and teens should be more aware of their surroundings and how to prevent it. If I would have read this book when I was 13 it would have woken me up to what was happening to some of my fellow students and to have more sympathy for them. People who use drugs are usually not weird or social misfits it can be anyone that doesnt match up to the standard "druggie" profile. This book teaches various life lessons but it taught me to be more sympathetic to those who are suffering and don't feel like they will ever amount to anything. There is hope for everyone and sometimes it can be a little difficult to see that.
Teen, 13 years old Written byloserreader April 9, 2008

best book ever every teen( 12+) should read

when i picked this book up i was not quite sure wat to think about it but once i started to read it i got rapped up in i could not put it dont it was so greatly written, everyone saying that its iffy and wat not is crazy everyone over the age of 12 should have to read for school its amazing
Teen, 15 years old Written byMichaela315 October 8, 2015

Tweak

This book has a very large amount of drug and sex references. As a mature 15 year old, I understood this book was about a man trying to change his life around. But anyone who is under 15 should never read this, and only 15 if they are mentally mature enough to understand it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytweaklover March 3, 2011

tweaklover

love ittttt!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymeekamay3 March 19, 2010
Teen, 15 years old Written byNeverEverShoutC... February 15, 2010

and eyeopenerr!?

all i can say is nic sheff is amazing he is inspiring the book is negitive at one point but gets very positive; he finds himself withought being high and its great it really is an eyeopener and it does kinda scare me; i will never do meth; and reading this book is one of the reasons.. [: GREAT!
Teen, 17 years old Written bymrjetrocks July 25, 2009

dull.

This book was horrible. I never even got past the middle of the book because it got too boring. Nic's Dad wrote a book from his point of view as well. If I ever finish Tweak I might by that one. But this book was just drugs drugs drugs and sex for like 400 pages.
Teen, 15 years old Written bystoryofmylife December 7, 2008

A book full of soul.

I read quite a lot and in the past few months haven't found anything very interesting. Within the first few sentences i was drawn into Nic's hopelessness. When he relapsed i felt desperate for him. The way he writes is real and insightful and not skimping on the details. Tweak is an emotional rollercoaster from start to finish. It is a heavy read and you must be emotionally mature to handle it. All i can say is amazing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byedwardlover82 April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written bytastetheknife April 9, 2008

Powerful!

It really shouldn't be read by young teens. It goes into detail of the monster that is crystal meth addiction. Very powerful!